• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

twin flame is a terrible delusion (rant)

• Thread starter consciousnessdetective
  • Start date
consciousnessdetective

consciousnessdetective

I've been infected with this idea for a while now. My dreams the night before last played on this, showing me a supposed soul contract while also being a stress nightmare. We were in a room dancing over this contract, and then somehow being observed by handlers(?)/archetypes/gowned figures, which was not at all pleasant and actually humiliating.

Trouble is, the person I thought of was also assumed as a Tf by another person. I literally just saw my desperation /separation and pain in this person when I knew what she thought. You'd think this would break the delusion for me, but it just hung on tightly. The "meant to be" attitudes of the toxic new age community does this to people. It's like being an addict going through withdrawal.

Then I even had a dream about being trapped inside a little cloth doll and getting stabbed in the head. In my mind's eye I saw a needle and woke up with excruciating nerve pain. Not psychic attack, probably just an assumption made by the mind.

There are too many illusions and fears the new age religion plays off. You can even brainwash and mind control yourself using youtube and scam artists that play on your trauma and vulnerability.

Then people just started giving hate and jealous energy to others through their attachments.

But in reality, the world is cause and effect and we won't always be given jewels and love just because we suffer. I'd rather practice kindness and self love and not this.

GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon

Oh god. What made you think they were your tf?

consciousnessdetective

consciousnessdetective

Oh god. What made you think they were your tf?
That is a very helpful question. I believe they came in at an important healing time in my life, and time when I was just starting to overturn traumatic material, so really wanted some kind of love to hold onto. That and getting really into spiritual exploration and ideas, the two melded together into some horrible abomination

There has also been a pattern of unrequited love addiction in my life. One-sided attachment was really common with me because my loyalty was to my parent, etc.

consciousnessdetective

consciousnessdetective

Stumbling back here...
I still deep down believe there is some kind of meant to be...
That I was stressed and that dream was unpleasant just because of my anxiety...those are probably all excuses.

I do think it might just be me longing to join with my own internal male archetype. Whether or not he is "out there" in this plane of existence.
I had a between sleep vision last night that showed me us together and our child.
I burst through some kind of veil of the earth, to see glorious stars. Someone told me "the seventh seal is broken." Whatever that means - biblically or gnostically. I saw a bunch of "junk" in my mind float away. Who knows if I'm actually going consciousness work, or just my own brain entertaining itself through spiritual images.

When I get in to certain ways of thinking, it's like all these images become positive again. They don't hurt in the same way.

T

tmchick

I too got caught up in the new age twin flame dogma for many years. It’s taken me a long time to rationalise my thinking around my TF, who I haven’t seen in 5 years yet crazily somehow still held onto the belief that he’d return to my life and enter “union”. The “signs and synchronicities” as well as apparent telepathy were very convincing and kept me in a dizzying loop of hope for years. I perpetuated this belief through my addiction to YouTube tarot card readings, which deepened the delusion while giving me a sense of faith that my pining for him wasn’t fruitless. Looking back now, it feels like I’ve wasted years of my life. During those years, I didn’t date anyone else as I was convinced by the new age thinking that he was the one and only life partner for me. I hope you can resonate with aspects of my story. It helps to share.