• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Tweezing

V

VintageRabbit

I was wondering what you guys thought.
My therapist, says tweezing is a form
Of self harm. I do this a lot, &
I know she is right, it does cause scabs.
Bruises. What do you guys think?
Instead of all the other shit I do.
This is the lesser of two evils. In my
Opinion.:confused:

D

Dottyone

I pressume you mean tweezing hairs on the face ?

Where are you tweezing can i ask ?

I use to tweeze hairs on my face and eyebrows which i suppose is kinda normal, but it can give a permanent redness to those areas which over time can look like rosaca (red blotchy face)

if you tweezing because you are doing it for a sharp pain fix, i.e. as safe self harm then i cant give advice other than to say its not good but i guess its better than doing other 'stuff' :(

self harm comes in many ways, non of them are good. :yuck:

V

VintageRabbit

No not on my face at all. My legs.
Under arms. I wear jeans all the time.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
i do the same vintage rabbit. i find it relaxing. i dont think it is self harm as it is like a slow version of waxing and cheaper too.
if you are tweezing your skin not your hair, i would say that is sh but better than other stuff.

D

Dottyone

some people also pluck hairs because of ocd behavours.

i am no doctor i should not even be typing stuff on a forum anyway, i can only go off my experiences.

V

VintageRabbit

Sometimes it draws blood. I guess
That's when it's bad?????
Thank you guys. I don't feel so bad
Now. But it's becoming OCD'ish.
It's bad when thers blood which is
A lot.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I would say it's a form of self harm, the way you are describing it.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Theres certainly worse things you could be doing. Personally I'd say if that's how you get your kicks why not?!

D

Dottyone

i have ocd behavours and thinking patterns they wanted to send me to the Maudsley clinic in london for ocd/bdd thinking issues for 3 months inpatient therapy, i have had issues with hair plucking and other ocd thinking.

Sorry i should of said that before, hair pulling is a recognised mental health condition on its own right.

F

fair&square75

I do this,I never used to see itbas a form of self harm,but now that I'm older I've noticed its worse when I'm not well (depression and stress) I see it as biting your nails or chewing your fingers if you get me �� x

F

fair&square75

VR,my skin is a mess,its not that unusual ya know �� there's more of people like us here than what alot of us consider Albright,ok or whatever I reckon

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am a terrible nail biter/finger chewer :redface: