• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

TW:Suicide

D

Dinaaa

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried to kill themselves by overdosing? I took quite a large dose but as of yet nothing's happened.

I hope this didn't trigger anyone, feeling pretty desperate right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Can you please go and get some help.

overdosing can seriously messes up your liver.

You have posted on here which means there is a bit of you that wants to live

Last edited by a moderator:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I agree with Marliee - you need to seek help immediately.

This could cause you some serious damage that won't be obvious at first.
It takes a few days for the liver to let you know it's struggling, but when it does, it's absolutely excruciating...
I know from experience, having my liver go wrong (not as a result of an OD, it was something else) and I tell you it's awful.
They can't even give you painkillers because that could damage your liver even more, so you're left in agony.

Sorry, I don't mean to use scare tactics, I just don't want you to suffer in that way.
Please, it's not too late to call for help. :hug1:

V

vimes

Please call for help, dial the emergency services, this is serious and we don't want to lose you. :hug:

D

Dinaaa

I just don't know how long I'd have to wait for this to work. I've been taking small overdoses for a while as a self harm kind of method but took a larger one and all that I feel is a bit of pain in my abdomen. I didn't really know what to expect but I thought I'd have passed out or something. I just feel like I can't do this any more. Thank you for everyone for replying but I don't know who to go to for help, yesterday I went to a drop in for people who are suicidal but clammed up and couldn't tell them, I don't know what else to do

D

Dinaaa

I've called a taxi to take me to A&E, thanks everyone

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hope you make it to A&E safely.
If the hospital you go to is any good, you should get the opportunity to talk to a mental health professional before you get discharged. Hopefully, that'll mean you'll get some more support. :hug1:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm glad you caught a taxi and that you are in a safe place right now and it will mean you get more support.

Keep us updated when you can.

xxx