• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Tw: Sexual Assault Victim

7920NewbridgeCovina

7920NewbridgeCovina

Tw: sexual assault, flash backs, etc.

Do anyone else just freeze up? I felt like I was just conditioned to shut down and let things happen to my body. There’s so much that I haven’t talked about when it comes to my feels that it’s just easier to shut down and give people what they want than it is to dive deep into why I feel the way I do. I think I need to get my meds adjusted again.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Dont be afraid of your feels. Talk them out and you can start to figure them out. Its normal to have physical reactions, you could be suffering from ptsd. Ask you provider about it. Hope you feel better.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

its illegal to touch someone else's body without permission. with a few exceptions i guess. like people are allowed to defend themselves. also cops are allowed to arrest people. parents are allowed to discipline children within reason. etc....

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Children are taught about self protection now. My generation wasnt. If you had been taught in school of by parents, you would have known what to do and say. Thankfully many children now are kept safer and are more confident and informed.

Rest and look after yourself well

Zero One

Zero One

Do anyone else just freeze up? I felt like I was just conditioned to shut down and let things happen to my body. There’s so much that I haven’t talked about when it comes to my feels that it’s just easier to shut down and give people what they want than it is to dive deep into why I feel the way I do. I think I need to get my meds adjusted again.
Yes I freeze up, I even froze up at the time of the rapes I am still so angry about that, but mine was not an involved conscious decision to freeze up. I felt betrayed by all that is.

7920NewbridgeCovina

7920NewbridgeCovina

Dont be afraid of your feels. Talk them out and you can start to figure them out. Its normal to have physical reactions, you could be suffering from ptsd. Ask you provider about it. Hope you feel better.
I started going to therapy. I’ve only been once but I feel like I’m getting worse. I’m scared to talk about the feelings. I’m not sure where to even start when it comes to therapy.

7920NewbridgeCovina

7920NewbridgeCovina

Children are taught about self protection now. My generation wasnt. If you had been taught in school of by parents, you would have known what to do and say. Thankfully many children now are kept safer and are more confident and informed.

Rest and look after yourself well
I know that no one is allowed to touch my body without consent. I know what to say. When I was assaulted I didn’t do anything. I froze. I allowed it to happen because I was afraid. I continued to allow someone else to do it to me for months because I was afraid that I would be abandoned again. I let them use sex as a weapon against me. Now I even if I don’t want to be intimate I allow it to happen.

Stephen Geog

Stephen Geog

Stephen Geog

Stephen Geog

I do be exactly the same as you, I suffered from abuse as a child which still wrecks my every day life now at 52 yrs old, I find it easier to just say or give whatever want to hear rather than getting into details,