• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

TW self harm question

B

Butterfly3

This is just a trigger warning for anyone vulnerable right now, please don’t bother to read ahead if you’re struggling, you deserve so much more than your illness. I know it’s tempting to read and trigger yourself but there is no point, you deserve recovery and a beautiful life for yourself, keep fighting for it.

So I relapsed with self harm last night, and I think I might need stitches or some sort of medical help but I’m not sure. It has been over 12 hours and the wound is visibly severe. Does anyone know how I can tell?

Also I don’t really want to go to A+E or id have to tell my parents so that they could take me. If I don’t go to A+E will I heal okay? Or am I putting myself at risk of something etc?

Thank you

lyma

lyma

Hi Butterfly, i'm so sorry to hear that. I would definitely go to see a doctor, there is a risk of infection. I understand that you don't want to tell your parents but there is other possibilities. Maybe a friend can bring you? Or some relatives? Could you go by bus? NHS lists a lot of phonenumbers in case of self-harm, they for sure can tell you what your next steps could be. But please make sure to go see a doctor: Where to get help for self-harm

B

Bod

Former member
I am sorry you have relapsed but you need to go to the hospital right away yo get it checked out, if you don't then you could end up getting an infection in it then you'd have to go anyway in the end. Ask your parents to take you too as you need help NOW.

B

Butterfly3

Hi Butterfly, i'm so sorry to hear that. I would definitely go to see a doctor, there is a risk of infection. I understand that you don't want to tell your parents but there is other possibilities. Maybe a friend can bring you? Or some relatives? Could you go by bus? NHS lists a lot of phonenumbers in case of self-harm, they for sure can tell you what your next steps could be. But please make sure to go see a doctor: Where to get help for self-harm
Thank you so much for the support and I really appreciate the link for resources :)

B

Butterfly3

I am sorry you have relapsed but you need to go to the hospital right away yo get it checked out, if you don't then you could end up getting an infection in it then you'd have to go anyway in the end. Ask your parents to take you too as you need help NOW.
Thank you, I really appreciate the advice and help :)