• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

TW: intentionally inflicted DID alters

• Thread starter Ritual Abuse Survivor
  • Start date
Ritual Abuse Survivor

Ritual Abuse Survivor

Since I was intentionally initiated of DID alters by my abusers into my mind ever since early childhood, the storing of memories is completely different than adults permanently. Adults remember memories in fading effects, but when a little child was inflicted of trauma severe enough, it can fragment the mind, creating a time-warp effect. This was when my countless of multiple identities were created, each has their own distinctive biographical memories, experiences and personalities. It means, I am being a toddler, child, teenager and an adult at the same time.

The traumatic memories inflicted upon me were in an infinite series, that I would die by being overclocked in my mind, if all of my walls would be opened, turning from multiple streams of consciousness into a single stream, without anyone killing me nor myself committing suicide. Think about a low-capacity computer that is being overloaded. I have been through hell and back.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Twinkle Toes

I didn't realise 'other me's held different memories to the 'me' that is typing this, until I started as if writing my autobiography and 'others' filled in the gaps.

Even at times I felt I was one person experiencing an event, another has written the same morning differently. It can be mind blowing to read back and see where it has been written in parts by others, but at the same time I understand myself better. It has been enlightening.