• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

TW: ABUSE - Paranoid because of my ex

Anxiousflower

Anxiousflower

I was in a abusive relationship 2 years ago and I'm now experiencing paranoia at night of my ex coming back and finding me. He has also said some creepy morbid things too that freaked me out.

He's in a different state but his mom still lives in town. He knows where I live, he knows where I work.
I'm checking the doors every night to make sure they're locked.
I'm moving to a different state in several months so I hope that will help me relax.

O

Orangeade

I was in a abusive relationship 2 years ago and I'm now experiencing paranoia at night of my ex coming back and finding me. He has also said some creepy morbid things too that freaked me out.

He's in a different state but his mom still lives in town. He knows where I live, he knows where I work.
I'm checking the doors every night to make sure they're locked.
I'm moving to a different state in several months so I hope that will help me relax.
Im sorry to hear this! Im hoping you will feel safer in this new state! Do you have anyone that can you stay with you to make you feel safer at night? Sending you love x

Casey Cat

Casey Cat

Formerly 24thMAU
Is there a particular reason you feel he maybe coming back?

Anxiousflower

Anxiousflower

Is there a particular reason you feel he maybe coming back?
His mom still lives in the same town as me, so he has a reason to visit (if they're still in contact.) And I live in the suburbs, so it wouldn't be that difficult for him to find me if he wanted to.
I already changed my number and blocked him on social media.

Anxiousflower

Anxiousflower

Im sorry to hear this! Im hoping you will feel safer in this new state! Do you have anyone that can you stay with you to make you feel safer at night? Sending you love x
Unfortunately no. :/ I wish. Hanging in there though.

Casey Cat

Casey Cat

Formerly 24thMAU
@Anxiousflower Ok, sounds reasonable. However, I'd also suggest getting a restraining order. Yes, it is only a piece of paper. However, if he shows up at your front door and you call the police, there isn't much they can do. With a restraining order, at least he can be arrested for violating it.