TV just triggered a major pannic attack.

Cazcat

Cazcat

Currently suffering PTSD related to my husbands last episode psychosis. During this a was very frightened as he was aggitated, aggresive and threatening towards me. He was then detained by police for an emergency psychiatric assesment which was also very traumatic for both of us.

My husband put the new episode of 'The Walking Dead' on this evening, it was so violent! I had a major pannic attack, worse than I've ever experienced. My husband nearly called an ambulance. Still feeling anxious. Its been a bad week anyway since I saw my councellor which was also triggering. She is refering my to a psychologist for EMDR. Feeling quite anxious about handling the whole process if its going to keep triggering things, but know it needs to happen to get through this and come out the other side.

Cazcat

Cazcat

Feeling so crap tonight, trying to distract myself from how much I want to self harm right now. I can't stand this feeling of pannic in my chest. I hate having these thoughts but they just don't seem to let up these days.

F

fidget

Sounds horrible cazcat, sorry you're going through all this. You are doing well to keep pursuing the therapy even though it is triggering and making things worse in the short term, i think you are right that it will makes things better in the long term. I hope the intensity passes soon and you are able to get some sleep :hug1: xx