• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Trying to think of a title...

E

ElizaLeahy

Hello everyone. I'm from Brisbane, Australia, I'm an artist living with a mental illness.

I have a psychiatric service dog, Gem - www.papillon-gem.com who is the cutest thing you have ever seen.

This year I'm in a project that is about artists who have a mental illness. You can look at it if you like - there are 8 artists and the art is all VERY different. www.artist-citizen.com

And my website is at www.elizasart.com

Mostly I communicate through my art.

A

Apotheosis

:welcome: Nice images, I love cats. I used to draw & paint a lot, not so much now.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Eliza and welcome to the forum.

Do you find that art helps you cope with your illness? I used to do a lot but have done very little except doodles. I find that rather than help me they act as a reminder of how far I am away from my aspirations and therefore serve to depress me even more. I guess it's a question of being happy with what you produce or not having any expectations imposed on what you produce neither of which I am very good at.

Anyway, great to have you here. There's a really good bunch of people here that offer loads of support so dive in when you feel comfortable.