• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Trying to think of a title...

E

ElizaLeahy

Hello everyone. I'm from Brisbane, Australia, I'm an artist living with a mental illness.

I have a psychiatric service dog, Gem - www.papillon-gem.com who is the cutest thing you have ever seen.

This year I'm in a project that is about artists who have a mental illness. You can look at it if you like - there are 8 artists and the art is all VERY different. www.artist-citizen.com

And my website is at www.elizasart.com

Mostly I communicate through my art.

A

Apotheosis

:welcome: Nice images, I love cats. I used to draw & paint a lot, not so much now.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Eliza and welcome to the forum.

Do you find that art helps you cope with your illness? I used to do a lot but have done very little except doodles. I find that rather than help me they act as a reminder of how far I am away from my aspirations and therefore serve to depress me even more. I guess it's a question of being happy with what you produce or not having any expectations imposed on what you produce neither of which I am very good at.

Anyway, great to have you here. There's a really good bunch of people here that offer loads of support so dive in when you feel comfortable.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Trying to live life ig Introduce Yourself 4
K Hi im new, just trying to figure out whats wrong with me Introduce Yourself 6
Sidney92 Undiagnosed, Untreated, Now Sober, Trying Introduce Yourself 7
M hi, new here just trying to understand what's going on with me Introduce Yourself 3
D Trying to understand what’s happening to me Introduce Yourself 18
T Trying my best to feel more secure by practising emotional intelligence but need help. Introduce Yourself 7
3 Trying to make sense of it all Introduce Yourself 6
I New here, trying to find out answers Introduce Yourself 5
R New here, and trying to put things back together Introduce Yourself 3
K Trying to introduce myself Introduce Yourself 9
Durandal Trying to help a friend Introduce Yourself 13
knowyourworth Hey I've made mistakes in the past ,I am trying to add value to my life .karma has taken a heavy toll on me,but a voice inside me won't let me give up Introduce Yourself 7
C Trying to find purpose - BPD kicking my ass Introduce Yourself 4
S Trying to get my head straight Introduce Yourself 6
prettikitty hello just trying to deal ty for accepting me Introduce Yourself 11
E Trying to get the NHS Mental Health Services emergency funding Introduce Yourself 1
M Momma trying to live with sadness. Introduce Yourself 6
S Hi, trying fluoxetine......... Introduce Yourself 8
E First time of trying this Introduce Yourself 4
L Trying to get better Introduce Yourself 8
M Trying to navigate this living nightmare Introduce Yourself 3
Y Trying Introduce Yourself 3
S I'm trying. Introduce Yourself 5
I Trying this out Introduce Yourself 5
M Trying to cope with bad neighbours Introduce Yourself 8
kimidare Trying to avoid a relapse Introduce Yourself 5
L Hello, i am trying to sort myself out. Iam very confused and conflicted. I am very sad and stressed. Although I have a family they are so caught up i Introduce Yourself 3
W I'm New And Thriving With My MH, So I'm Now "Trying" To Socialize Again And Not Be Afraid To Let People In My Life Introduce Yourself 11
A trying to quit drinking and get past depression Introduce Yourself 3
Willvill I am trying to battle this shame Introduce Yourself 6
ipanema Trying to cope with anxiety and depression Introduce Yourself 3
S Hello, I'm a new member, and I'm trying to get some insight on antipsychotics. Introduce Yourself 11
D Im finally trying to get my life back Introduce Yourself 6
F Trying to kill me Introduce Yourself 8
Y Life as a BPD male nearing 30. Trying to look toward the future. Introduce Yourself 1
M Voluntary patients needs helps they are trying to falsely section me Introduce Yourself 14
W Hello, I'm extremely nervious but trying to interact with others again online Introduce Yourself 13
8SonDer8 Trying to Stay Introduce Yourself 7
L Newbie trying to be 'social' Introduce Yourself 8
S Hi. New here my first time. Having a struggle with GAD and trying really hard to avoid medication. Introduce Yourself 3
L I'm trying Introduce Yourself 1
mom j I searched for this forum because I am trying to work my way out of a trap Introduce Yourself 4
S Hi, I am new here. Trying to find like minded people to share my emotions without getting judged. Introduce Yourself 19
T Hello everyone, trying to find some answers Introduce Yourself 4
A What are the best ways to stop people trying to socially dominate/humiliate you? Introduce Yourself 7
M New here and trying to overcome panic and anxiety attacks Introduce Yourself 5
T Trying to overcome my hypervigilance and driving phobia Introduce Yourself 4
S Trying to understand Introduce Yourself 4
J Trying to get understanding & support Introduce Yourself 2
U Trying to rebuild my life Introduce Yourself 5