• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Trying to start Private Messages (read below)

J

JustinS1998

Hello, I don't want to get in any trouble with the forum so I will refrain from typing out the whole word or discussing it at length, but I am having a lot of trouble. I have been having s******* thoughts every single day recently, and it is really taking a toll on me. I was hoping that anyone who knows what the censored word is and could relate and/or provide assistance could start a private message/conversation with me, so we can talk about it more without breaking any of the forum guidelines. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
You can say self-harm, we just don't want ways of how you self harm and actual words of what you do.
Please if your not sure message a moderator ( in green) or admin ( in black)
Thanks for asking

J

JustinS1998

Ok, that is good to know. I still think the private messages might be useful, but thanks for clarifying :)

CatLord

CatLord

many people here have the same problem and I believe you will get some help from them.
Do you have any hobbies ?

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Hi JustinS,

I would strongly recommend that you stay on the public threads so there is a large group of people giving you support. PMs are great for social chit chat but it puts an enormous burden on one individual trying to help you through a dark spell. This is an international forum and people will reply to your posts around the clock. :hug:

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Have you spoken to your GP about how you’re feeling?

J

JustinS1998

Idk what GP stands for, and I get what you're saying but there's some things that I just can't say or don't feel comfortable saying in a pubic forum, if you know what I mean. I will probably try both honestly.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Idk what GP stands for, and I get what you're saying but there's some things that I just can't say or don't feel comfortable saying in a pubic forum, if you know what I mean. I will probably try both honestly.
Stands for General Practitioner - just means doctor.

Have you spoken to your doctor?

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
It’s worth bearing in mind that you are completely anonymous here. In my opinion, you shouldn’t be going into any more detail about self harm by PM than is permitted on the forum. This is purely because everyone here has MH issues which can be triggered. Often, the weight of someone else’s pain is too overwhelming for an individual and it causes them more suffering and anxiety.

My suggestion would be to make an appointment with your doctor and talk through how you’re feeling. You sound very low at the moment - sometimes a chemical imbalance can rob us of all enjoyment and antidepressants can give you your life back. :hug:

J

JustinS1998

Yeah I get what you're saying ... maybe this forum just isn't the place. I haven't spoken to my doctor, maybe I will tho, thank you for the suggestions

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
We have a sub forum for Self Harm - it might be worth you reading through some of those threads as they might be relevant to your situation. click on FORUMS on the top left hand side of the blue bar at the top of the page. It’s a drop down menu...just scroll down.

I think you have come to the right place for support. Just need to find a bit of confidence in posting anonymously. x