• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Trying to integrate into society

M

meetcarrot

I take clozapine and don't suffer from any positive symptoms. I have very little social contact outside of my immediate family. I actually avoid being around people. However I am forced to do things like grocery shopping and picking up my medications. It seems every time I do I am somehow socially rejected (from others' facial expressions) and I get depressed for a long time afterwards. It has gotten to the point that I don't think I will ever become able to function in society. I almost think that it would be selfless of me to donate my organs to someone who could use them better. Also I feel I am wasting resources that could be better used by someone without my problems. Has anyone ever felt themselves to be a lost cause?

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
I don’t have schizophrenia but you deserve to live and you aren’t a lost cause.

Maybe you are reading into situations too much, myself often do it because of my social anxiety and depression. Which is often just my own self-view and thoughts creating it’s own interpretation of the reality around me. Making me feel worse and rejected even though that’s not truly the truth.

Z

Zaz3

For years I tried to fit in with society only to feel like I was.on the outside looking in. Now I have no wish to fit in anymore. It's not worth wasting energy on. Use your energy to heal yourself 🙂

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

We all have a right to be alive ,
im paranoid of people i see on the street , i have my hood up most the time to avoid them,

S

squizofrenia123

I am like you and have sz. I am all alone and just go out for shopping and picking up my mail. I teach online for work. I don't think I am a lost cause though. I am upbeat and happy at times. Are you sure your medication is working? I take Abilify and at times hear voices which makes me sad. However, I have been working though them and am doing ok.

L

Lab rat

I have a box in my mind 📦 when I put on a suit and tie and shave my beard, I am mr normal, mr 9-5. I integrate because I have to, I wear a disguise in my mind.

when I take my mind out of the box and let my soul roam, I am the real me. The real me won’t integrate, it doesn’t “fit” with social norms.

I can exist in my box, but can’t live there.