Trying to help people with social anxiety by using Virtual Reality

D

danik550

First of all sorry if this is not the place to post.

I'am suffering from social anxiety since I can remember (I'd say around 13 years now), currently 20 and I wanna help people like me and I'd image people like you. I am currently developing a VR application in an attempt to help people suffering from social anxiety. And I'm just gathering some information as to what are the "triggers" in people. So I can use that to develop as much scenarios as possible. It takes 2 mins.

Helping people with social anxiety by using virtual reality (VR) application

D

dewey

8. Do you believe that Virtual Reality can help people suffering from different types of anxiety disorders?

It's not really possible to give an informed answer on that unless we know more specifically what you are talking about here.
One thing that comes to mind is potentially virtual reality acting as an escape, or distancing people from real life, kind of acting as a safety mechanism.
At the same time it's an interesting idea, I can see ways it could potentially be helpful.

N

Natalie355

Hi
I have social anxiety and the main trigger for me is small talk, I find that during social situations I get mostly anxious with asking questions and starting conservations.