• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

trying to get better?

G

green_libra

hi, for a couple months (started during quarantine), i have had a pretty bad relationship with my body image and food, (partly due to tiktok/social media). i’m trying to improve this, but i haven’t been able to tell anyone i’m struggling because i’m scared of “promoting” my bad habits. my friends also kind of trigger my disordered thoughts, often making comments on “dieting” and complaining about their bodies. has anyone else gone through something similar? thanks so much. also, i’m struggling to believe that i “deserve” to recover mentally, because it’s not that bad...? idk how to explain it but thanks for your time if you read this whole post!! any advice would be super appreciated:))

B

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. As somebody with an eating disorder, I strongly recommend not using social media. It will only reinforce any negative thoughts you have about yourself. It is hard having friends who are triggering you. Of course you deserve to recover. You deserve to be happy.

Z

Zoe1

meh to friends and food !

I was trying to give up sugar recently
and friends urged me that will feel bored with that !
ive caved in to their influence at the moment !

:welcome: :grouphug: 🎼 🐢

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shiva Eating Disorders Forum 9