Trying to get back into exercise.

P

playstation

Went jogging today, I'm so unfit. I did 0.9 mile approximetly. 2 times. It was something I did in the past and was not to bad at. But it's been years and my legs are like jelly. Now I'm in 2 minds as to if I should do some weight lifting on my legs, I'll be doing that later today. Won't be able to run for a few days after that.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think walking will build up your leg muscles, and then you can progress back to jogging.

I am planning on going on a small walk tomorrow. I like to walk in green spaces, so that is my plan.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I am trying to plan to get back into regular form of excerise as well.

I'm going to commence with chair fitness, which I'll intend to make a start with over the weekend, and onto next week, for a couple of weeks.

I'll then, progress, into my low impact salsacise workout dvd, mode, which is a completely differnt form of exercise, and different to aerobics, or zumba.

i'll make do with this plan for the time being.

Best regards all.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

My wife and I finally got a good day of walking in. We went on three walks yesterday totaling about 4 miles. My legs are all achy and crampy this morning.

N

natalie

Hi Boudreauj4,

Complimentary laughing for the following suggestion, you should have leg cramps, which is a formulated into dispersible melts, and can be bought from well known chemist store hopefully out where you are or if you go into town, these help to prevent leg cramps coming on, in the first place, or, there's leg cramp pain rubbing on.

Best regards.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hey :)

It'll take time to get back into it - you definitely won't be at the same level as you once were, so work hard, and over time you'll see great improvement! I would first work on getting your general fitness up through walking/jogging. Then, I'd get to a gym (or your own weight training set) and build some muscle. But, take things one step at a time - there's plenty of advice on sites like bodybuilding.com that are a great help!x

Much love <3

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Schizophrenia Forum 5
N Schizophrenia Forum 3