Trying to figure out why I am always tired and struggling to focus

M

moesahen98

I am always feeling tired and weak, even after a good night's sleep. I occasionally get a very "downy" mood that makes doing everything a lot harder where I am constantly zoning out of whatever I am doing. I can only keep my focus for so little. I am wondering anxiety could get this far or could it be a chronic fatigue disorder? More details below:
20 years old / 189 cm / 73 kg / been suffering from anxiety for over 4 years now / never took any medication before or consulted a psychiatrist.
This means a lot to me, Please read the entire thing I really need the help and I don't know where to start. I honestly don't know what's wrong with me and this lack of energy and concentration(constant zoning out) is destroying my life.
Just some background about my past few years, since my question is rather broad.
I have been dealing with anxiety for almost 4 years now. It has developed into weight loss, social anxiety, constant shortness of breath, irregular heartbeats, palpitations when I am laying in bed, sleeping disorders and other insignificant "things".I dropped from an obese teen at the age of 16, to underweight 6 months ago. I had to drop out of college because I just couldn't keep up with it, went back to my parent's place, took a semester off where I got myself back on my feet and transferred to another university to complete my studies. This is my first week in the semester and I need to make my parents proud, meaning I can’t disappoint them again but this "thing" is in my way and I am finding it very hard to keep up with it. I did a hair mineral analysis after my first panic attack (3 years ago, the test was because I convinced myself I had a potassium deficiency), and the doctor said I had a significant drop in zinc and a minor drop in iron. I did the thyroid glands test (we have a family history of it) and it also turned out negative. What's wrong with me, could this be due to my mental state or could it be from some underlying chronic disorder?

My current state and other details :

I got rid of my eating disorder, and the heart palpitations when I started consuming coffee excessively and jogging daily. I would say I am fit, I go for daily jogs in the morning (40-50 mins 6 min/km), BUT I still suffer from severe sleeping disorders and overall fatigue throughout the day and most importantly lack focus and energy. My social anxiety isn't as bad but I still have trouble expressing how I feel, people think I am emotionless sometimes when I am not, I just can’t, for example, laugh out loud no matter how funny something is.
Thanks in advance, hope I didn't miss anything. Any help would very much be appreciated.

LivinWithAnxiety

LivinWithAnxiety

Hey there, I'm new to the forum but I read your post and wanted to say hi. I'm far from an expert so I can't provide you with any theories as to what's going on with you, but I think the general advice would be to talk to your primary care doctor about it. Since you said you have been struggling with anxiety for a few years, I'm wondering if you've been in therapy or seen a psychiatrist?

G

gam9147

Most likely if you are here and describing so many aspects of anxiety, it is just anxiety doing this to you. These are very common symptoms of anxiety unfortunately for us all.

I'm reading that you aren't a fan of medication, but it can help. There are herbals you can take if you prefer not to have pharmaceuticals and you can increase some vitamins to assist as well (B vitamin complex, C, magnesium/calcium for example).

but most of all a cognitive behavioral therapist can help you, have you thought about seeing one? they have very high success rates treating anxiety disorders like ours (because of course I'm not just a post responder, I'm a sufferer myself)

M

moesahen98

Hey there, I'm new to the forum but I read your post and wanted to say hi. I'm far from an expert so I can't provide you with any theories as to what's going on with you, but I think the general advice would be to talk to your primary care doctor about it. Since you said you have been struggling with anxiety for a few years, I'm wondering if you've been in therapy or seen a psychiatrist?
Hey there, I have and every time I did he blamed it on anxiety and suggested I see a psychiatrist but given the culture I am living in, which I believe is entirely retarded I couldn't see one or even consider seeing one because they happen to be very judgemental and words spread so quickly when it comes to such matters. However this is my first week away from home, I am studying abroad so i am seriously considering seeing one now that I am away from that toxic culture, in fact I have already booked an appointment for the 4th of march :)

M

moesahen98

Most likely if you are here and describing so many aspects of anxiety, it is just anxiety doing this to you. These are very common symptoms of anxiety unfortunately for us all.

I'm reading that you aren't a fan of medication, but it can help. There are herbals you can take if you prefer not to have pharmaceuticals and you can increase some vitamins to assist as well (B vitamin complex, C, magnesium/calcium for example).

but most of all a cognitive behavioral therapist can help you have you thought about seeing one? they have very high success rates treating anxiety disorders like ours (because of course, I'm not just a post responder, I'm a sufferer myself)
Thanks for the advice, very insightful. I am not seeing one unfortunately YET, but I have booked an appointment for next week and I am very excited to see how it goes. Do you happen to know any specific herbs?

M

moesahen98

Hey there, I have and every time I did he blamed it on anxiety and suggested I see a psychiatrist but given the culture I am living in, which I believe is entirely retarded I couldn't see one or even consider seeing one because they happen to be very judgemental and words spread so quickly when it comes to such matters. However this is my first week away from home, I am studying abroad so i am seriously considering seeing one now that I am away from that toxic culture, in fact I have already booked an appointment for the 4th of march :)
PS. I am not considering any medication, Idk if that will affect the outcome of those sessions.

G

gam9147

I understand about therapy and medications. I have been taking st. john's wart for many years. I'm not sure if its helping me or not but it seems like it helps some. Here's a good starter page:

https://mentalhealthfood.net/13-herbs-for-treating-depression-and-anxiety/

but google some things. Also no, you don't need to be on medication for cognitive behavioral therapy to be effective, that is in part what is so great about it.

In your case if you aren't able to get to or find a good therapist, there are also many books you can use to help you 'study' as if you were in a therapy session, but that is harder for many people.

The book I have used I like the most is "the anxiety and phobia workbook" by bourne. Hopefully it would be available where you are. otherwise try something with 'cognitive behavioral therapy' in it.

MeropeneM

MeropeneM

ACCOUNT CLOSED
From the symptoms it sounds like you have ADHD, you can book an appointment with a psychiatrist to confirm it.

Medications include Vyvanse, Dexedrine, Concerta, Biphentin, Intuniv and Straterra.

Natural remedies do not relieve ADHD symptoms but can help with your anxiety.