Trying to figure out what is happening?

M

Mmll

Today is just really weird. I feel out of place, i can't focus or remeber things, my head feels like its empty and spacey. I just keep zoning out and whenever i come back and move my head tp a different direction it feels like that trail camera effect where it lags.

Things don't seem to interest me.

This happens every so often (not frequently) and the last time something major happened was on a long car trip. I was looking out the window and things started looking fake. The clouds are where it started. They looked 2D, painted onto the sky. Kinda like they were drawn on cardboard and hung up. Then the trees started looking the same. Like lines of background for a play or something, not like actual 3d, real items. The cars started feeling the same. Things just seemed off.

Currently I'm just feeling the first paragraph though, what would you guys say whats up? I'm not sure if its dissociating or derealism

thermos

thermos

Derealization* my bad
I had no idea that was derealisation, thank you. I've read the descriptions of it before, I used to get it as a kid, it felt like some wired drug trip looking back. So that's what it was! Whoa.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
it felt like some wired drug trip looking back
It's possible it was a drug trip, the human body can produce a chemical called Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) which is very similar in structure to Psilocybin which can be found in LSD or Magic Mushrooms, usually an enzyme created by the liver called Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) breaks down the DMT to safe levels so we aren't all walking around tripping all day.

When I was going through psychosis I had the symptoms of someone on LSD or Mushrooms but hadn't taken anything so I guess my glands were producing large amounts of DMT and not enough MAO, thankfully anti-psychotics seem to have stopped it so it may have something to do with Dopamine.

thermos

thermos

It's possible it was a drug trip, the human body can produce a chemical called Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) which is very similar in structure to Psilocybin which can be found in LSD or Magic Mushrooms, usually an enzyme created by the liver called Monoamine Oxidase (MAO) breaks down the DMT to safe levels so we aren't all walking around tripping all day.

When I was going through psychosis I had the symptoms of someone on LSD or Mushrooms but hadn't taken anything so I guess my glands were producing large amounts of DMT and not enough MAO, thankfully anti-psychotics seem to have stopped it so it may have something to do with Dopamine.
I'm doing a bit of googling on it all now, interesting! Thanks :)