• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Trying to cope with anxiety and depression

ipanema

ipanema

Hi everyone!

I’m a 24 year old girl (woman?) and I have been diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety disorder- both by a psychiatrist and a psychologist.
During this year I had to endure my parents divorce (which was terrible and showed my father’s true colours to me), I ended my masters degree and am now looking for a job (but honestly I feel like I can’t do it), ended toxic relationships with some friends (which is a good thing but made me feel sad for a while), was in a brief relationship with this guy who used me the whole time and made me feel like an object, and more recently I lost my cat (she disappeared last week and I’ve been looking for her everywhere but everytime I come back home I feel empy).

I am medicated with an antidepressant and Rivotril since April but it only helps me sleep at night.

Since my cat got lost I have been taking more meds than I should so that I can sleep all day and not think about it. I went to a psychologist last Friday and she suggested that this event was the last drop and told me I should try to go out more (I’ve been having long walks with my dog, but when I get home I just want to go to bed and cry), do some activities but I don’t know what to do.

I’m sorry for my English, I’m not native! I was wondering if any of you have any suggestion on which activities could help and what I could do to cope with my loss (many people think “it’s just a cat” but I considered family and a friend).

And sorry for the long post!

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry you going through a bad time. You will find good friends on here. Ill be back in a bit to have a chat if you like like also.

R

Rock2123

Hi everyone!

I’m a 24 year old girl (woman?) and I have been diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety disorder- both by a psychiatrist and a psychologist.
During this year I had to endure my parents divorce (which was terrible and showed my father’s true colours to me), I ended my masters degree and am now looking for a job (but honestly I feel like I can’t do it), ended toxic relationships with some friends (which is a good thing but made me feel sad for a while), was in a brief relationship with this guy who used me the whole time and made me feel like an object, and more recently I lost my cat (she disappeared last week and I’ve been looking for her everywhere but everytime I come back home I feel empy).

I am medicated with an antidepressant and Rivotril since April but it only helps me sleep at night.

Since my cat got lost I have been taking more meds than I should so that I can sleep all day and not think about it. I went to a psychologist last Friday and she suggested that this event was the last drop and told me I should try to go out more (I’ve been having long walks with my dog, but when I get home I just want to go to bed and cry), do some activities but I don’t know what to do.

I’m sorry for my English, I’m not native! I was wondering if any of you have any suggestion on which activities could help and what I could do to cope with my loss (many people think “it’s just a cat” but I considered family and a friend).

And sorry for the long post!
That almost brought tears when I read that. Hits very close to home. Have you asked the doctor for some better deppression and anxiety meds. Sounds like what you got is crap. I know it's old and common but, prozac from some reason always helped me. However, waiting the month it takes to soak in your system. I know your tierd of hearing tommorow will be a better day. Wait until tomorrow. Tommorow sometimes is worse than the day before. But ya gotta just keep trucking. Keep trying. All I know is that you are hear FOR A REASON! If not anything else. You bring a little bit of happiness to me. Don't give up
And don't stop writing. Expressing your feelingings and writing down a big long letter, where you ball and cry your eyes out. Always seams to help in the end. Check out some history. Do you know that some of the most beautiful artists, poets, all kinds where mad and crazy deppresed like us. H