trying to claim pip whilst under care of cpn

D

david451

Been ill for a while now diagnosed with major depressive and anxiety disorder with a fancy name on the end. The medical providers psychiatrist and psychologist couldn't make progress with me so I was referred to another team because of the complexity.

I tried to claim pip but they wont allow the original reports of the initial prognosis stating they are out of date, I am attending a cpn 12 months and another 12 months at least to go before assessment again.

ATOS claim lack of medication and how I presented at the examination determined that I had no illness although the previous reports from experts contradicted this and stated no medication required referred to cpn.

Awaiting reconsideration sending report from cpn with it but if I'm relatively stable at the minute am I still ill and qualify, obviously if I stop treatment I go down the tube again, might go there anyway I guess.

it strikes me that if I was gassed up on medication I qualify but the psychotherapy doesn't count.

Anybody know anything about this.

porkpie

porkpie

Maybe they are thinking you don't warrant benefits because you enough coping strategies to manage your depression symptoms and thats the reason you don't need antidepressants?

My friend was released from prison on Mirtazapine and without any input from CMHT he was awarded PIP on the recommendation of his GP only so I think the medication route secures benefits in some cases.

G

gazzmg

is it better to be medicated to warrant pip, i have paranoid schizophrenia and need the medication but it only works a bit, it has diminished the voices but has not eradicated them