Trying to ask this guy out 😬

J

Justarandomuser

Hi all,

I’m 21 male and I’ve had like anxiety all flipping week about this guy I saw working in a retail shop, he is mega cute and I wanna ask him out but my anxiety is stopping me 😅

I’ve been there 3 times this week just to see him again and he’s giving looks but I can’t tell if he is gay or even interested. How would I even approach something like this without embarrassing myself? I don’t want to be like “are you single” and then he be like I’m straight 😬 I’m nervous as hell just looking at him and then anxiety filled thinking about him.

I can’t find him on any dating app, I want a bigger sign before I make the plunge.

Tixbut

Tixbut

Asking anyone out is super hard but put anxiety on top and its just scary as all get out!...the only advice i can give you is just do it!(i know you probably didn't want that answer)... The worst thing that will happen is he will say he's not interested if thats the case then you know and you can move on. Whatever the outcome once you have done it, you will be able to do it again in the future...I so hope it works out for you🤗

Majestic Weasel

Majestic Weasel

Hey user,
Even if he is straight he'll feel flattered you find him attractive, just ask if he'd like to go for a drink. I wouldn't keep going to the shop and staring at him though, it can give off a weird vibe. Good luck :peace:

J

Justarandomuser

Okay thanks, think I’m going to take the dive when I’m next up there 😬 no doubt I’ll pass out in front of him 😅

L

Lorcos

OK, you have me dying to know what happened so please tell me he said yes!

J

Justarandomuser

I’ve not been up there yet. Think he works weekdays (I know, it’s sad I know that 😂) so will go down there next week. I might pretend I’m interested in some clothes and hope he asks “can I help you with anything”

O

OCDguy

How will it affect you if he is straight/not interested? Have you thought this through :hug:

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

All this thinking is in your mind. If you want to go out with him, ask him out - waiting and hesitating won't get you any closer to a date!x

G

gam9147

I'm glad your getting a chance to think this through and echo your concerns here and folks are helping you work through it.

But I will just add that obviously everyone here is pulling for you and either way we want to know what happens! When (not if!) you muster the courage, do let us know. In the meantime we're here for you :)

J

Justarandomuser

Yes thank you everyone for your help, I will do it as I’m gonna regret it if I don’t. I’m going down there in a couple of days so will keep you all updated 😆 xx

J

Justarandomuser

Okay guys and gals, I went there again today and I bailed 😭 I sat there for like 2 flipping hours looking around and trying things to build the courage. He wasn’t giving me any signs so it was putting me off, I did end up speaking to him a couple of times and getting closer to him but he just didn’t seem interested in me 😥 he kept moving away from me when I gradually got closer, which I guess was odd 🤔.

Anyway I left and came back later after some shopping and he was gone (finished his shift). I did (eventually) manage to ask a colleague about him and I found out that he is single but doesn’t know if he is gay, even told me his name and that he’s back in tomorrow. I needed to spread the word of interest somehow so hopefully he knows and will look out for me next time.

G

gam9147

Glad to get an update :) well its a start, and sounds like you went about it pretty methodically :)

Are you going to go back tomorrow or wait a bit longer?

J

Justarandomuser

Glad to get an update :) well its a start, and sounds like you went about it pretty methodically :)

Are you going to go back tomorrow or wait a bit longer?
Yeah I guess, quite disappointed in myself tbh. Probably made things more awkward now since my intentions are out there, maybe I’ll wait until next week for things to cool off? Don’t really know 😕 probably should have asked his colleague to pass my number

Tixbut

Tixbut

Congrats on doing that!...and to be honest if he moved away that doesn't really mean anything...you still have a chance! Stay positive and be proud of yourself for talking to him. 😀

Tixbut

Tixbut

Congrats on doing that!...and to be honest if he moved away that doesn't really mean anything...you still have a chance! Stay positive and be proud of yourself for talking to him. 😀