Trying so hard!

ghost_girl80

ghost_girl80

i am a recovering addict/alcoholic & have recently been under a lot of stress in my life. all i have wanted to do is drink eventhough i have a lot of sobriety under my belt. this death in my family has really got me in f it mode! i have alot to lose & don't want to go back to rehab or prison. i don't really have anyone to talk to who understands how hard this is & how incredible the urges can be. in my opinion unless your there or have been there it's just too hard for you to understand. any advice?

K

Kelly B

I know how hard it is. I quit drinking about a year and a half ago. If I ever think about how nice it would be to have a drink, I take a little trip down memory lane. The stupid and reckless way I acted, the regrets and the hangover the next day. I think about the people I hurt because of my drinking problem. I will never forgive myself for not being there for my daughter for a good part of her life. I think about all of the times I was so drunk that I couldn’t get out of my own way. Falling down drunk. There’s so much more but I know you get the picture. Please try to stay strong. You don’t want to lose all of the ground you’ve gained. That drink is not worth it.

megirl

megirl

I great that you have done so well.
Grief is just so hard,but alcohol will make it a lot worse.
Alcohol and me dont mix I get to feel let my guard down then these feelings and emotions become overwhelming and I end up doing something to harm myself. Them there's the risk of drink driving,
You're doing so well so far

K

Kevin1981

I used to drink and use a lot and have been there and done it. The best thing i ever did was to start going to narcotics anonymous meetings. Yeah it is hard at first but after a few months of sobriety i realised life was better than the consequences of using. I relapsed a few times at the beginning but i kept going back and i kept trying. I am now over 7 years sober and it is the best thing i have ever done for myself.

I get help and support from friends at N/A and they help me to navigate through life. You don't have to go through this alone..

K

Kevin1981

Oh, i posted before reading you have some sobriety. Still, what i find really helps me is to talk to people about my problems. Also i try not to worry about what will happen in the future and i try to live in the present, just keeping it in the day or the here and now. I have friends in N/A who i phone when i feel stressed out with life and i tell them about it. That really helps for me. Plus getting loaded is not the answer to my problems, it will just make it worse and they will still be there when the drugs/drink wear off.