Trust me, there is hope!

M

missme

I just wanted to be able to tell you all that if I can get well, you can too!

When we are in the darkness, we can no longer see the light at the end of the tunnel. But trust me, there is a light.

Take care all of you, precious people

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
It depends on what you mean by get well. I’ve had MH probs all my life, first diagnosed at 14 . I’m now retired still needing therapy and still on meds. I think you can have times in remission and you can also learn to live with MH and live a fullfilling life to some extent . But I don’t think you can be cured.

M

missme

It depends on what you mean by get well. I’ve had MH probs all my life, first diagnosed at 14 . I’m now retired still needing therapy and still on meds. I think you can have times in remission and you can also learn to live with MH and live a fullfilling life to some extent . But I don’t think you can be cured.
Well, I have reached a place of wellness, but I am not nieve, and I know, like every one else, that I always have to do the things that keep me in this well state. I was diagnosed bipolar, so shall I say it in a different way? I am symptom free at the moment. Of course, I admit that I will always be vulnerable to have the rush of another episode. But three years without one so far....

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
That’s the black dog of this illness it’s always lingering there. I’ve had several years of wellness over time and managed to work most of my life. But the last attack 15 years ago floored me. I’ve been lucky not been in hospital for seven years but am having a blip again

Sorry if my reply sounded a bit abrupt. I didn’t mean to offend you. It’s just my state of mind at the moment.

M

missme

I think that you are a very strong person.... To have suffered for so long and you are still working on yourself! Be proud of yourself! Well done! You must have been through so so much. I know that it is an ongoing process, but I think you are amazing

M

missme

That’s the black dog of this illness it’s always lingering there. I’ve had several years of wellness over time and managed to work most of my life. But the last attack 15 years ago floored me. I’ve been lucky not been in hospital for seven years but am having a blip again

Sorry if my reply sounded a bit abrupt. I didn’t mean to offend you. It’s just my state of mind at the moment.
No you weren't abrupt at all! It takes allot to offend me, don't worry! Didn't offend me in the slightest

M

missme

You would have worked it out it was meant to read risk not rush!! Lol! Big hug

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

I'm not sure if I could cope for that many years, my problems began mid-twenties, it is unfair how much younger people can get afflicted.

M

missme

Yes I was 24 when I was first diagnosed. I'm almost 45. But looking back I must have had periods of depression as a child

Cpt_Stunning

Cpt_Stunning

I never did, happy all my life until 25 then bang 19 years of mental torture, 45 this year, strange how it works that way.

M

missme

Yes I was 24 when I was first diagnosed. I'm almost 45. But looking back I must have had periods of depression as a child

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I believe my schitzoaffective in me was an inherited problem but the social anxiety was definitely brought on by childhood trauma

M

missme

I've never heard of your condition I works love to understand what you are going thru

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Schitzoaffective is basically bipolar but more than the mania/depression. If psychotic episodes are present then it becomes schitzoaffective

M

missme

Schitzoaffective is basically bipolar but more than the mania/depression. If psychotic episodes are present then it becomes schitzoaffective
That's really interesting....I also had psychosis. I had bp1 mixed affective disorder