• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Trouble Reading From Auditory Hallucinations

S

SomeGirl15153

Hi everyone,
Does anyone else have problems reading sometimes with auditory hallucinations? Sometimes I have to read the sentence 3-4 times so I can understand what it says because of the voices.

Other times I read great. I’m not sure what discriminates one read from another. It’s like the voices pick and choose what they distract me from.

Its not as bad as before. When I was put on a 5150/5250 Involuntary hold back in 2015 I wouldn’t let go of my book and I was at the psychiatric facility with a book in hand trying to read (I was stubborn), but back then I couldn’t read because of the voices.

Do you guys notice when the voices distract you from reading? Is it when you’re tired from the day? Etc?

I’m curious if anyone else has gone through this.

L

Lab rat

Not the voices, no. I can have problems with visuals though, but I always ask myself if what I’m seeing is congruent. For example if I’m reading a physics book that starts talking about how I {name} should harm myself and the picture of a thermal activator is a picture of me seriously hurting myself, then I know what’s going on and take a break from the reading. I read A LOT physics and mathematics, I’m reading all day.

EdEd

EdEd

Hi everyone,
Does anyone else have problems reading sometimes with auditory hallucinations? Sometimes I have to read the sentence 3-4 times so I can understand what it says because of the voices.

Other times I read great. I’m not sure what discriminates one read from another. It’s like the voices pick and choose what they distract me from.

Its not as bad as before. When I was put on a 5150/5250 Involuntary hold back in 2015 I wouldn’t let go of my book and I was at the psychiatric facility with a book in hand trying to read (I was stubborn), but back then I couldn’t read because of the voices.

Do you guys notice when the voices distract you from reading? Is it when you’re tired from the day? Etc?

I’m curious if anyone else has gone through this.
Occasionally the voice interfere with my ability to read properly.. it happens from time to time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Schizophrenia Forum 11
T Schizophrenia Forum 7
Funnyday Schizophrenia Forum 5