• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Trouble functioning. Needing advice and success stories.

G

Gratefultobewell

Gratefultobewell that is frustrating. 10 years is a long time so I can see why you don’t want to switch to someone new, it’s hard to build a relationship and trust with someone new. That’s great that your psychiatrist is attentive! Thank you, I guess I should give myself some credit for finally trying. How long have you taken Abilify and do you remember how long it took to see a difference? Did you experience any side effects?
I have been taking it for years, along with other meds, so I guess I would have to say I don’t remember how long it took to work, but I don’t have any side effects. I am on abilify 20mg, seroquel 650mg, lamictal 125mg and bupropion 400mg. All I know is that the combination is working and I don’t want to mess with it! My insurance says that the abilify and seroquel are doing the same thing so I should give up one but like I said, I don’t want to mess with it. It seems to me that meds aren’t an exact science and you just have to try them and see. It’s a frustrating experience for sure, but hopefully you’ll find a good combination ☺

J

JeanPierre

JeanPierre that all sounds really good! I’m hungry now. I will add some of those things to my grocery list. Have you cut meat out of your diet at this point? If so, how has that made you feel?
Hi,
I cut out most meat years ago due to stomach issues.
I still eat it 2-3 times a month.
Because it caused me pain, it made me feel better not to.
I truly believe some people, due to genes of ancestors & which foods they had access to, need to eat meat
and some are fine as vegaterians.
Have a great night.✌

Wishbone

Wishbone

Sorry to hear that BabyGorilla, I hope you're ok. Is there anything you want to get off your chest with us?

M

Mav2126

Hang in there Babygorilla. We are here to support you.

B

Babygorilla

Sorry to hear that BabyGorilla, I hope you're ok. Is there anything you want to get off your chest with us?
This is really difficult because we’ve been together for 8 years. The past two years I have put up with his lying, drinking and verbal abuse. I have been difficult to be with also because of my trust issues, constant need for reassurance, holding on to the past and anger. I have nothing right now and I’ll be going back to stay with my parents once summer break comes because my son is in school. He’s threatened to take our son from me and says it would be way for him to because I have no job right now, no home of my own and mental health issues. I just feel like I’m being stripped of everything and it’s my fault.

B

Babygorilla

Thank you guys for being so supportive and listening. It means more than you know

Wishbone

Wishbone

Maybe it's for the best. I think when you have a MH problem you need someone that is going to be understanding of it and if all they do is do things that not only don't help but actually add to it, then is it really something you need in your life? It's always a shock to the system to break up with people, especially when it's been a long time, but you can go onto new things. Just focus on getting yourself well and don't worry about the other things, they'll come in time.

B

Babygorilla

I think you’re right, maybe it will end up being for the best. Right now it’s hard for me to really believe it but I think once I’m near my family things will be easier to cope with. I just have to stick out living together for the next 2 months.

J

JeanPierre

I think you’re right, maybe it will end up being for the best. Right now it’s hard for me to really believe it but I think once I’m near my family things will be easier to cope with. I just have to stick out living together for the next 2 months.
My heart is with you.
You never deserved all that.
He cannot take your son b/c you don't have a job,
He will have to pay child support.