Triggering

M

mumdownunder

I got called really fat today by a five year old at my daughters playgroup and as punishment I'm going to survive on nothing but water until Tuesday. I have a pdoc appt then so prob wouldn't get away with it much longer than that. If I don't make it until then without breaking the fast I will have failed and I don't think I would cope....

T

tentgirl

Oh hun, five year olds say all sorts of things and often over-use words which they just hear on the playground. Hun, if you fast, it's unlikely that you'll have the energy to be 'mum' and you could be so tired. I do understand your reaction to what this child said but you need to be kind to yourself mentally and physically. Fasting is so dangerous. Xx

Gajolene

Gajolene

Was just leaving and saw your post on the feed line,
#1 it was a 5yr old child still cognitively developing child that said this, you shouldn't take it to heart, and #2 four days on water alone is too long and just not healthy for you at all, you won't have any energy and you could become confused and really tired. You need food energy to take care of your daughter and function well. Please just eat sensibly and healthy rather than fasting. Make your health and your family your main priority.

T

Tatty

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Don't take it to heart. My cousin (who was 2 at the time) prodded my stomach and said it was fat and squishy. I told him that's what happens when you don't eat all your vegetables.

Fasting might help you lose weight but it won't keep the weight off. The only way you can lose weight is to change your whole diet for the better. Perhaps a little bit of exercise, like walking to work or parking the car/getting off the bus a mile before your destination? :)

L

LeeMarie

Mum - don't do it. Restricting and fasting leads to further restricting and fasting. It will become an obession that is not easy to give up. Read the posts on this forum. Many of us started our roads to EDs by trying to lose weight. Well, guess what? We lost and lost and lost and still we are not happy. Treat your body well; don't follow the road I've followed because it's not pleasant or happy.

C

cadsaz

Those sort of comments cut deep and I understand it must really hurt, but please take care of yourself. LeeMarie is right; our roads to ED came from trying to lose weight. I'm being really restrictive at the moment (eating 800 calories a day at the moment) and I'm getting headaches, getting numb fingers and toes and occasionally feel faint. You don't think at the time you'll start feeling unwell and then the problems start, psychological and physical. Take care hun and please eat.

M

mumdownunder

Hi all,

Thanks for all your kind words but I must see this through until Tuesday. I will sink even further into my depression if I don't. I have no intention of continuing past Tuesday and I will start eating healthily then. But I can't get over the amazing sense if achievement I have that I've managed 26 hours. I know I'm playing with fire but I need to do this for my own sanity. I am so useless at everything I do, but at least I can do this. I must succeed!!!

T

tentgirl

Oh hun, it may mean escapism from depression and I know the high that can experienced from not eating. Yes, you can feel that you can conquer anything, you feel amazing, but whilst you're temporarily stepping away from depression, you're taking a step towards a fatal eating disorder. You may not stop on Tuesday. You may not stop at a certain weight. The ED gets a grip where it selfishly wants you to itself. There are other ways to get a high such as going to the gym, for a walk, doing something fun with the people around you. We all think we're in control of our eating until one day we realise that it's just the opposite. Do you see anyone for your depression? Xx

M

mumdownunder

Hi

I see a pdoc twice a week for therapy. I have managed to get my eating back under contol and I'm not bingeing. I just hate life hate my body and am beyond repulsive. I could technically be half the weight I am now and have a normal bmi. I deserve to suffer

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Eating Disorders Forum 2