triggering myself

vikkisab

vikkisab

At the moment I have been triggering myself to sh by watching videos and photos of sh ... I used to do that and be fine but im actually hungry for it .. I want it sooo bad x

Dita85

Dita85

I don't think you need to be told that watching sh videos is a bad idea. I find it a bit hard to understand why you would deliberately trigger yourself, to be honest. Now you are here, of course we will try to talk you to out of hurting yourself, is that what you want?

My advice would be to stop looking at those things and try and distract yourself. Watch nice videos (music or whatever - I watch makeup tutorials on you tube sometimes because it's a bit mindless), or if you feel you can't stop watching then put the computer away and go and do something else. I'm sure you have enough issues as it is without deliberately triggering yourself.

Are you getting any help with your mental health, from your GP or other services?

vikkisab

vikkisab

I dont like doing it and for about a week now I havent relapsed but I still watch them ... I've tried watching music videos bit I get bored

I feel stupid for doing it and I wish I could stop myself ... It's like I get to a point when everything is great and back to 'normal' and then suddenly boom I feel worthless and alone and it's drives me mad that I get to that ... I feel I've done quite well by getting through a week without hurting myself
And thank you for your advice xx

Dita85

Dita85

You have done really well getting through a whole week without SH. You should be proud of yourself. I know when you feel awful it is difficult to get the thoughts out of your mind, and distract yourself but the more you practice the easier it gets (still not very easy of course, but easier than it was).

It might be for you that watching those videos is actually part of your SH, so you should make it part of your goals that you won't watch them, as it will inevitably lead to you hurting yourself.

I'm glad you are OK. You are doing really well, I know it's tough but try to keep going. I have managed 8 days (today will be day 9) this is the longest I have managed for a long time and it's really difficult, but I think it's worth it.

If I can help at all, feel free to PM me :)

Take care of yourself!