• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

TRIGGER WARNING

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Samaritans too, i still rely on today.
I have phoned them hundreds of times over the past 10 years

Phone 116 123

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Without good medication though, is your depression going to be too hard to deal with? If i let myself be depressed for too long, i would end up taking an overdose too. It blackens my mind and takes every inch of happiness and hope away. Then when i am not depressed, i can keep going one day at a time.

Maybe they could give you an injectable medication? I think the risk of you having too much medication in your home may be why you don't have the stronger medication? I am only guessing.

New medications, new treatments, new attitudes even ;) are coming through all of the time. Survivors of abuse are on telly often and are changing things for the better to help people who have been through the horrors you have been through.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide

mischief

mischief

Admin
They wont put me on mood stabilizer or an antipsychotic medication. I asked the psychiatrist and he said i dont need them so fuck mental health
You can ask for a second opinion from another psychiatrist.

mischief

mischief

Admin
Ive never worked
You've worked a lot more than most people ever have in their lives, the energy you been burning through working through the trauma you have experienced involves a huge amount of work.

Not done anything with my life
As I have explained above, I think you've done a lot.

Would you like to work in a paid role? or would you like to do some more education?

If so, what sorts of things would interest you?

no one would miss me
Having got to know you a little these last few days I would miss you. I'm going to be looking out for you in the future because I think you have the energy to make quite an impact in whatever you choose to do in the future.

mischief

mischief

Admin
I am angry and i will take it out on myself its only what i derserve anyway
Other people deserve to be the focus of your anger, rather than you. Harness it and help change things!

Why not use the anger to help others get away from the kind of abuse you have experienced or to help change mental health services so they don't treat people as poorly as they sound like they've treated you.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Im drunk.
We have to try and keep in mind who we are angry at as it is not ourselves

Also, anything we have done wrong, we have to give ourselves a break.

I used to imagine the child me, standing in front of me, and what would i do and say.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
People ask me if i work and i say that yes, i work very hard.

Most of us work 24/7 to stay alive or stay well. We don't get a holiday or a weekend off unless very lucky.

Saying that, in between that hard work i do have a nice life. You can make a nice life.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
When you leave the place where you live, can you go to beautiful places like a river to watch the ducks? Or a place where there are flowers and squirrels?

Also, it can help to go places where there are lots of other people. It can be comforting to be physically near enough to other people. Remember also, many of them will feel similarly to you.

Any access to humans i always found helpful, even if there is a risk of unhelpful people, there is always the possibility of a useful few words from them. It is safer to be around others.

Music too might help. It can stir up different feelings, especially if the music is very sad, but often it will be very helpful. Lyrics are poetry really aren't they.

You have a unique ability to really feel music and poetry and see beauty in the world more than those who have not been through horrific times.