• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

TRIGGER WARNING

doomsayers

doomsayers

Im feeling very disassociated and have thoughts of self harm and take an overdose. Im not feeling safe at the moment. I feel like i want to die

Humanitee

Humanitee

Can you call a mental health crisis number or emergency number where you are? They can help to calm you down and will chat to you until you feel better. Are there friends and family you can reach out to? You’re not alone in this.

L

liv33

Please hold on Yemyem.
Keep posting here, just keep posting here.

doomsayers

doomsayers

Can you call a mental health crisis number or emergency number where you are? They can help to calm you down and will chat to you until you feel better. Are there friends and family you can reach out to? You’re not alone in this.
The crisis team dont help me. Im on my own

Humanitee

Humanitee

I am on the verge of doing something
Can you try to ground yourself? Make yourself a cup of tea and try to focus on every element. Or find a favourite object, hold it in your hand, describe every detail to yourself and focus on sensations. Sounds really silly but when you dissociate and feel your emotions spiral, simple exercises can bring you back down to Earth, at least a little. Really hoping you hang in there :hug:

Humanitee

Humanitee

Ive tried.
Just keep talking to us on here. Tell us anything, talk about a favourite book, film, something that interested you recently. It sometimes helps me to get out of a dark patch if I’m distracted.

doomsayers

doomsayers

Just keep talking to us on here. Tell us anything, talk about a favourite book, film, something that interested you recently. It sometimes helps me to get out of a dark patch if I’m distracted.
Im going for a walk

doomsayers

doomsayers

I dont have any mobile data left . I will try to be safe

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I know you've received this information before but for the benefit of others reading this thread who are in the same situation I'll repost.

It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

I'll also include the link which may help people find an urgent mental health helpline.

Alternatives to the Samaritans are..

CALM CALM - Campaign Against Living Miserably 0800 58 58 58

And you can text SHOUT to 85258.

doomsayers

doomsayers

I know you've received this information before but for the benefit of others reading this thread who are in the same situation I'll repost.

It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

I'll also include the link which may help people find an urgent mental health helpline.

Alternatives to the Samaritans are..

CALM CALM - Campaign Against Living Miserably 0800 58 58 58

And you can text SHOUT to 85258.
I have been out for a walk. I screamed so loud. And sobbed. I am back home. Im safe. I just dont know what to do anymore.

Humanitee

Humanitee

I have been out for a walk. I screamed so loud. And sobbed. I am back home. Im safe. I just dont know what to do anymore.
Screaming and crying can be very cathartic. I hope you’re at least feeling calmer, if not a whole lot better. Do you think it would help to get in touch with your doctor and/or a counsellor?

doomsayers

doomsayers

Screaming and crying can be very cathartic. I hope you’re at least feeling calmer, if not a whole lot better. Do you think it would help to get in touch with your doctor and/or a counsellor?
No mental health professionals were not taking me seriously

Kabuki

Kabuki

Radio Rentals - just left of Fraggle Rock!
No mental health professionals were not taking me seriously
Hi there! I am glad you are still here, and I know what you mean about the CMHT. I too shy away from calling them, maybe they are too busy and just go through the motions, which doesn't help us, I know! It's all the questions that I dislike. Last thing I need in a crisis, is someone firing 20 questions at me. I find it hard to think straight and get really annoyed.
How are you feeling today Yemyem (loving the name)? I am a bit disconnected today, pacing a lot, talking to myself all morning, then decided to come on here, glad I did. Feeling a bit more connected!