• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

TRIGGER WARNING Very Depressed

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I don't know if I should put trigger warning here but though I should. Im very depressed and have been for a while now. I can't get my laundry done or go to the store. I have a Dr appt but not until February. I take medication and it does help a little. I get like this from time to time and it always passes. Recently I was talking to someone by email and I'm not sure but I think they committed suicide. I haven't heard from them and I fear they did it. I have no way of finding out because I only know the first name. I don't know their full name or address or phone # only their email address. I truly hope they are ok this has really depressed me also. I lay on the couch all day staring at the tv I have good days and bad. I eat to comfort myself I eat sleep and manage to do somethings around here when I can. I tell myself don't give in to it and I really try not to. I can't do therapy it never helped anyway. Been on so many meds there are none left to try. I hate being alive but I don't want to die so what do I do?

P

PureDevo

Hello Ladyfair!
I'm sorry to hear that...
I can relate to most of what you are saying and I know it's hard...
If you want to talk, my door is open!

Ineedhelp2921

Ineedhelp2921

Hi Ladyfair,

I was exactly like this a few months ago. It is really difficult to do anything when you feel hopeless. Accepting that things are crap and that you feel like crap are the first step to progress. It sounds mad, but just accepting how I was instead if fighting it, it just gave my head a bit of a breather. I don't have to be happy and thats ok.
You just need to take it one day at a time. Maybe do little walks (Highly recommend this) around your neighborhood.

I know things can be really crap, and I'm sending you a big virtual hug. If there's someone you talk to that you trust, then please confide in them, if not you've always got us!

Maybe shoot the person you have been talking to another email to check if they are ok.

I hope you feel better soon to and be kind to yourself

L

Lostlady333

I don't know if I should put trigger warning here but though I should. Im very depressed and have been for a while now. I can't get my laundry done or go to the store. I have a Dr appt but not until February. I take medication and it does help a little. I get like this from time to time and it always passes. Recently I was talking to someone by email and I'm not sure but I think they committed suicide. I haven't heard from them and I fear they did it. I have no way of finding out because I only know the first name. I don't know their full name or address or phone # only their email address. I truly hope they are ok this has really depressed me also. I lay on the couch all day staring at the tv I have good days and bad. I eat to comfort myself I eat sleep and manage to do somethings around here when I can. I tell myself don't give in to it and I really try not to. I can't do therapy it never helped anyway. Been on so many meds there are none left to try. I hate being alive but I don't want to die so what do I do?
Hi Ladyfair
Depression is such a hard and debilitating condition to live with. I know exactly what it’s like, and it’s tough. I also don’t find therapy helpful and I’ve too been through so many meds that my doctor gave up on me. I’ve started tracking my moods and I know when I’m going to have a really bad day (usually once a week) so I try to remember what gives me comfort, reading, listening to music, going for a walk, colouring in (sounds childish but the adult colouring in books are cool), watching something on Netflix, looking at things on pintrist. . Sometimes I can’t do any of this but I try my hardest, knowing that the storm will pass. I’ve also started trying supplements to help with low mood, anxiety and sleep. I really hope these will help me, I think I feel a little better so far.
Keep on posting here, you will find lots of caring people.
And I’m sorry about your friend. I wish there was a way for you to find out how they are.
Take care and I hope you can find one little ray of light xx

K

karl7

have you ever tried the herbal remedy St Johns Wort....it is used to teat depression....also i want to tell you (like the other posters) that your depression will pass, it just takes time, i used to have severe depression and in my despair i thought it would never pass, but it did and it will too for you, just take it easy as much as you can.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

4 responded WOW! Posts that are not as serious as this one get more replies. Can't figure it out.

L

Lostlady333

4 responded WOW! Posts that are not as serious as this one get more replies. Can't figure it out.
it can be disheartening when not many reply. But people do care. I hope you’re feeling a little better. I find that when you reply to posts, the conversation keeps going. Xx which I also know can be hard when the battle of depression keeps us from replying. Take care.

H

Hopelessdepressedandpinkfloydlover

Hi, I'm sorry you aren't having a nice time.
I have suicidal thoughs too, have been better but can turn bad anytime knowing me.
I have found good relief speaking about it with people that understand in first hand the feelings, so if you want to send emails let me know!

Tallmadwoman

Tallmadwoman

Hey hun im free to chat if you want...im bipolar but im stable at the moment...just tryin to meet like minded understanding people to share my quirks with xx

B

Blue Opal

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low. It's good to keep in mind that it passes, but that doesn't make it better in the moment.

Recently I was talking to someone by email and I'm not sure but I think they committed suicide. I haven't heard from them and I fear they did it.
That's tough. I've been through something similar 7 years ago, and I still wonder about this person sometimes. Did they kill themselves? I'll never know.

I hate being alive but I don't want to die so what do I do?
I feel like this too most of the time. I just go on. I know I have good times too. I know I don't want to traumatise the people that love me by killing myself. I try to enjoy the good moments and when I have bad times, I just let it come over me. It will pass.
Hang on in there. :hug:

T

treasurebox

Know that there will be better days for you. Create happy moments because happiness is a choice and you were made to be happy and enjoy life.

Music helps me. Music is therapeutic. Listen to good, uplifting and encouraging music on youtube.

Also, do what you love doing or what you are good at. It will do good to you and make you happy.

M

Melissa8305

Hi!
I just wanted to check on you. Are you doing ok? Did you ever hear back from your friend? I joined today-looking for people to talk to. My depression started last year when I started working from home and then went down hill fast with relationship troubles. I would love to talk with you or anyone reading this!

Melissa