Trigger Warning SH/suicide | When am I back to normal after OD

M

msophie

I went through a traumatic experience on Sunday which made me relapse and take an overdose, albeit a 'mild' one. At first I thought I was fine but then effects kicked in and I went to hospital where they did a full check-up, found nothing wrong and said it would just take some time to get out of my system. Although I am feeling a lot better I am still experiencing dizziness/feeling slightly out of it. Has anyone else experienced this? Can it take a few days to feel 100% back to normal? Thank you for your help!! P.S. Anyone worried - doing okay emotionally, seeing my therapist tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Its quite normal to be feeling these side effects after an OD.
If they have taken your bloods and they are ok then it will be just a matter of waiting for the drugs to pass out of your system.
For me i think it was a couple of weeks i had specific pain related to my OD. But hopefully you will feel better soon.
Please be honest with your therapist when you see them tomorrow so you can discuss why you OD'd.
Hugs
Fox

M

msophie

Its quite normal to be feeling these side effects after an OD.
If they have taken your bloods and they are ok then it will be just a matter of waiting for the drugs to pass out of your system.
For me i think it was a couple of weeks i had specific pain related to my OD. But hopefully you will feel better soon.
Please be honest with your therapist when you see them tomorrow so you can discuss why you OD'd.
Hugs
Fox
Thank you so much for reply, that is reassuring to hear! I am glad it eventually went away for you. And don't worry I am planning to. :)

Loads of hugs to you too!