• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Trigger warning/police unfairness

T

TearyEyedx

When I was living alone back in 2015, I had a break down of some kind and my family was there at the time, just my mom and dad. I was living in supported living, I have Asperger’s so it’s hard to process things properly but I had such a melt down, the police were called. Obviously I started to panic and I had no idea what to do. I wanted to run away and never come back, I wasn’t drunk, under any influence of drugs.
so anyway, the police came and started talking to me, and I was adamant I was not going with them, they wanted to take me to the hospital so I could talk to someone. However at the time, I was terrified.
so finally, and this is where it became hell. I was literally handcuffed and dragged out of there screaming for mom and dad to stop them but they didn’t listen and I was placed into the back of the car, I hadn’t committed any crime other than the fact I didn’t want to go with them.
so I was taken to the police station and placed into an actual Cell, I was absolutely terrified and couldn’t believe this was happening to me because of my mental health, I hadn’t been screaming and making a noise, I wasn’t being violent.
I remember being told to undress which I said no to obviously, and the lady officer said she would psychically make me change into these clothes. I was shocked and crying so I did it and was humiliated as I got changed.
I was left in the cell all night. I had nothing but a small wash basin and a camera watching me all the time.
I asked to speak to the doctor and he did come to see me but never come back with Any medication. I never saw him again.
I was placed into that cell without being told why I was there. I am traumatised about it to this day and have never told anyone ab it because I was ashamed. They were cruel to me because I had a mental illness. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. And because I have autism, I still don’t understand why my family would allow something like that to happen, infront of them. My dad picked me up the next day and my mom said if that ever happened again I wouldn’t have a home, but I did not do anything wrong. I felt I was being punished for my mental illness.
as I get older I wonder why this happened and just wonder if this has happened to anyone else. The police gave me no explanation on why they did it.
I asked my mom a few months ago and said it had been for my own protection but that’s not protecting someone, that’s causing enormous stress and anxiety and physical pain Because they literally dragged me outside to the car and it was the most humiliating thing to go through.Sitting in that cell all night wandering why this happened to me.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Taking a break
i'm so sorry that happened to you, my own bad-cops story is they came for a family member and all i asked of them was "my cat is very sick and timid so please let her take herself into whatever hiding place she chooses" kinda thing (and not to corner her there)

one of the cops after i said that and after they got my family member, decided to corner her like i asked them not to, stared at her straight in the eyes, then when she growled at him and cowered down, he said to "stuff it into the carrier" so she was out of their way :(

she was deeply traumatised by that even without me putting her in the carrier (which i did not do, she did not go into the carrier), and it took her months to feel brave enough to venture outside for her last trip outside (she went blind shortly afterwards so could not safely go outside) :sorry: she didnt feel able to even be in most of the house for weeks, she spent weeks in one room refusing to come out :sorry:

T

TearyEyedx

she was called Ebony and she was a abused rescue cat and my baby :cry:
im really sorry to hear that! That’s horrible. One thing I cannot stand is animal cruelty. I personally love animals and would be extremely upset if that happened to one of mine

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Taking a break
im really sorry to hear that! That’s horrible. One thing I cannot stand is animal cruelty. I personally love animals and would be extremely upset if that happened to one of mine
i was furious with that cop, he was a bastard towards her and everyone in the family, even those of us who knew nothing about what family member was in trouble for :mad:

(i was looking just then for a breathing fire smilie thing which i have seen elsewhere ages ago but cannot find it)

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
i'm so sorry that happened to you, my own bad-cops story is they came for a family member and all i asked of them was "my cat is very sick and timid so please let her take herself into whatever hiding place she chooses" kinda thing (and not to corner her there)

one of the cops after i said that and after they got my family member, decided to corner her like i asked them not to, stared at her straight in the eyes, then when she growled at him and cowered down, he said to "stuff it into the carrier" so she was out of their way :(

she was deeply traumatised by that even without me putting her in the carrier (which i did not do, she did not go into the carrier), and it took her months to feel brave enough to venture outside for her last trip outside (she went blind shortly afterwards so could not safely go outside) :sorry: she didnt feel able to even be in most of the house for weeks, she spent weeks in one room refusing to come out :sorry:
I miss that post midnight, i'm so sorry, what a nasty person. I wish we could stop people doing things like that. If that was a child, they would not have done that or would have been in big trouble for traumatising a child. Some people don't like animals, there is something very wrong with people who scare animals. I'd have kicked him because i would have felt out of control.

I have actually grabbed my keys off of a police officer before. I felt they were trying to wind me up on purpose, talking loudly about me. I would never behave like that usually, to the police, but some individuals don't deserve that respect. She didn't deserve it at all.