• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

*trigger warning* please avoid if easily triggered by sa.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Please avoid if easily triggered by sexual abuse. Really could use support. It's not actually detailed...
But it still could trigger. I don't know.

I've been having horrible, horrible flashbacks. I know some things happened to me but they didn't happen to ME, they happened to an alter. Which I know is still me, but not me. I get flashbacks of these. I hate Dan. I hate D. I hate R. I hate everyone who has hurt me. I wish I could die so I would get away from them. Especially D. He is still in my life as he's my cousin and lives in the same town. The one I'm really afraid of is Dan. He's my biological father. He did horrible, horrifying things to me. Everything that I go through is mainly his fault.

I hear his voice. Saying horrible things to me. I haven't seen him in 12 years. I'm adopted by my dad. I want to pack up and leave. Or...kill myself. But then it gives Dan the satisfaction of that.

Nobody knows what I went through. Some people knows parts of it. Nobody knows the actual extent of it....I want to know I'm okay.

Last edited:
Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Meh, it feels good getting it out. Even if I'm not important enough to get a reply. Thank you Dita for encouraging me to post this :)

T

Taff

Hello to you Dear Lincoln that was a very very brave post indeed.
You needed a lot of courage to say that.
You are safe here now in the present day Lincoln and we will support you as best we can. you are not a bad person. this was never ever your fault ok. you were young and scared and I know that you will have been told bad things when this happened to you. you are not to blame at all. These were bad people and the blame is all theirs.

Can I ask, do you get on well with your Dad and the people you live with now? xx

|||ME|||

|||ME|||

Hi Lincoln, sorry you went through that and have these experiences happen to you because of it, sounds really tough to deal with. Glad it felt good getting it out. Wish could be more help, just didn't want to pass by and not reply, hope you are okay.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Hello to you Dear Lincoln that was a very very brave post indeed.
You needed a lot of courage to say that.
You are safe here now in the present day Lincoln and we will support you as best we can. you are not a bad person. this was never ever your fault ok. you were young and scared and I know that you will have been told bad things when this happened to you. you are not to blame at all. These were bad people and the blame is all theirs.

Can I ask, do you get on well with your Dad and the people you live with now? xx
I get on as well as expected with my mom and dad. Not too awesome but not too bad either.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Hi Lincoln, sorry you went through that and have these experiences happen to you because of it, sounds really tough to deal with. Glad it felt good getting it out. Wish could be more help, just didn't want to pass by and not reply, hope you are okay.
Thank you ME. I am okay.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Well done Lincoln. You are very brave and I can't add much to what Taffy said. You are a survivor and I liked the line about not dying so as not to give them that power. That is the key. You are taking the power back from them, they are worms and you are a strong, compassionate person.
xxxx

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you calypso. I am taking back the power.
Well done Lincoln. You are very brave and I can't add much to what Taffy said. You are a survivor and I liked the line about not dying so as not to give them that power. That is the key. You are taking the power back from them, they are worms and you are a strong, compassionate person.
xxxx

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Been bottling up emotions- Ready to talk about it *** TRIGGER WARNING*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
Sofi I have issues trusting therapists. ***TRIGGER WARNING - talks about drugs *** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
D Warning, may Trigger**Emotional Abuse*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
ThePossibleGirl Memories coming back... TRIGGER WARNING: sexual assault! Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
U How do I make my mother understand? ***TRIGGER WARNING*** verbal and sexual abuse Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
W ***TRIGGER WARNING- Discusses sexual assault*** I don't know what's wrong with me. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
D TRIGGER WARNING Saw my rapist in the news last night Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 10
A ***TRIGGER WARNING end of life trauma*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
lucynah Massive issues with guilt after trauma ***TRIGGER WARNING-Discusses suicide and emotional abuse*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 9
C Can't remember my time in the ICU?? ***TRIGGER WARNING- Discusses a suicide attempt and mentions hospital*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
H ***TRIGGER WARNING *** how to support a rape victim Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 6
starfoxxy90 ***TRIGGER WARNING **** Discussing sexual Abuse **** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
justasimplecat Was this rape? **TRIGGER WARNING** Discusses rape & abuse Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 25
P *TRIGGER WARNING - Discusses Sexual Abuse* Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
Z Can't trust poss TRIGGER warning though no details. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 6
Mr S TRIGGER WARNING! Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
W My Story With People - The Dark Side of The Internet People Still Overlook (Trigger Warning Possibly) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 7
I ***TRIGGER WARNING Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
H my story *trigger warning* Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
H PTSD involving Emergency contraception **Trigger warning - sexual assault Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
T Trigger warning/police unfairness Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
7920NewbridgeCovina Trigger warning *Alcoholism Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
Zero One Past Trauma trigger warning Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
J Confused and triggered (trigger warning) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
J Venting (anonymously) trigger warning Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 14
S Child on child sexual assault Trigger warning. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
P *trigger warning* how to deal with being abused again? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
Ritual Abuse Survivor Trigger Warning: Guess I Am Still A Little Child Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
F I lost him because of the abuse. Trigger warning Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
TulipIceCream Cycles of Abuse: The neverending story: When does it end? Trigger warning Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
M Intrusive negative feelings about part of body (TRIGGER WARNING) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
M From childhood to now. (TRIGGER WARNING) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
Cazcat PTSD? -trigger warning Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
dodo777 ***TRIGGER WARNING***Sleepless nights Again Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 7
E *Trigger warning* C-PTSD and the battle for diagnosis Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 6
I'm Kate *****trigger warning***** oh god. it's real Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 9
Crodentia (Trigger Warning) How to Deal With This Situation? (Trigger Warning) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
A *Trigger Warning* Introduction/My life story Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
I'm Kate *** trigger warning *** self harm Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
I'm Kate reporting a historical crime *** trigger warning*** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
RainbowHeartz TRIGGER WARNING the letter I would like to send but wont! Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
RainbowHeartz Trigger Warning!! Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 12
H Is a person a PTSD trigger (TW child loss) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
U is this PTSD? **** trigger warnings, abuse described **** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
9 PTSD Suffocating ***TRIGGER - Discusses abuse *** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 10
P Shower is my trigger Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 19
A Is what I am experiencing a flashback? Trigger warnings for domestic violence and rape. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
R Can PTSD trigger Psychosis? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 9
T Help! Getting Over Saying Trigger-Words Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
O trigger death and dreams Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3