trigger warning just in case its about living with a toxic parent, would like tips on coping and managing a toxic parent that im going to be living wi

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

trigger warning just in case its about living with a toxic parent, would like tips on coping and managing a toxic parent that im going to be living with permanentely

hi

ok so my mum is toxic to my mind and brain, living seperatly is not an option

well how can i look after my needs in a toxic, stressful environment, for the next 4 weeks she will be working mon-thurs 7:00am-5:30pm and fri 7:00am-1:30pm

but after this she is being made redundant

well i struggle so so much and talking to her about this could end up in her commiting suicide

im looking for advice on helping me and my needs, not on what can be done to help her, i will deal with that another time

my situation is she moved in with me into a 1 bedroom flat, so its hard to escape, i am fearful of going out of my home and was wondering any advice or tips on being able to take care of myself better

things im currently doing include
making her dinner for when she walks in
doing chores whilst she is at work unless its the weekend then i do it anyway
when she is home i have a bath for some me time

but i wondered if anything else i can do to help myself, i mentioned this to my cpn and she listened but didnt give me any feedback

i was hoping there was something i could do that i myself have not thought of

many thanks in advance for any replies i get, please dont bash my mum im only looking for advice on ways to help me, ive had enough of everything evolving around her and i would like this thread to be about me

thank you

b2cb5006e02025cdb75f0b1eff065d22.jpg

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You need to ask your mum to move into a place of her own if she is toxic to you,can't see how you are going to heal if you can't see a life for yourself away from your mum to be honest!

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

yeah i know its true

was hoping i could get some managing skills or tips

my life is screwed :(

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *bows*

Like I've said before she should go to the housing department or the both of you do because you are overcrowded and with your MH you should (IMO) be deemed as a good case for a new place and I bet you can get a cover letter as well.

If she has to stay with you that is the best option, even if you just get the extra bedroom, at least you will both have your own space.

You need to be selfish I would say cause this is not doing your health any good, especially with the constant reminders of what has happened. It really isn't healthy for you and it might get worse and I don't want you to get worse.

Good answer? Marliee (nearly put rl name there) hopes it was worth her wise words and shit ;)

Not literal shit though, this garl don't share that shit.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

I'm hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *bows*

Like I've said before she should go to the housing department or the both of you do because you are overcrowded and with your MH you should (IMO) be deemed as a good case for a new place and I bet you can get a cover letter as well.

If she has to stay with you that is the best option, even if you just get the extra bedroom, at least you will both have your own space.

You need to be selfish I would say cause this is not doing your health any good, especially with the constant reminders of what has happened. It really isn't healthy for you and it might get worse and I don't want you to get worse.

Good answer? Marliee (nearly put rl name there) hopes it was worth her wise words and shit ;)

Not literal shit though, this garl don't share that shit.
thanks marliee

yes i plan to get us a bigger place, i dont intend staying in the 1 bed flat

wanted a room each and all that

thank you x

in the meantime i guess i just gots to feel crappy :(

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
No, try not to feel crappy. Okay that is totally hard to at the moment but please try not to xxx