• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

TRIGGER WARNING, Health anxiety sufferers should not read this! Does it look like schizophrenia or dementia? What do you think?

B

Blackrose09

Even when I write my sentences don't make sense sometimes, and I have to delete and write again. I loose track of my thoughts often (this symptom got better while taking antidepressant and when the doctor was still acting normal to me)
Sometimes when I read a book I have to read a paragraph again and again to remember it.
My mind is processing information more slow comparing to past.
My vocabulary becomed restricted
I isolated myself for long time
My thoughts are very disorganised
I forget quite a lot
I can get into a state where I can't feel any emotion and i barely can move (I feel suicidal because of it)
I have mood swings, very intense feelings
I have all other kinds of cognitive problems, that I did not had before the age 23. I'm 29 now. And it is getting worse. (again I only saw a little improvement with antidepressant, but stopped working after 2 months)
Often can't put my thoughts into words
I suspect people are talking and laughing about me, I'm afraid of them too (just like a small child sometimes) and I see them laughing at me and I heard them talking about me. Is this obsession with unimportant things or is it paranoia/psychosis?
I don't feel human, I feel disconnected from the people around me
I can't take care of myself, I don't eat as much as I should
After 24 many people started calling me stupid, and I felt confused about it. And say I don't understand basic things, but I think I can understand more than they belive I do. I swear at scholl I did well and did not had learning problems.
I suspect there is a hidden camera in my flat but I'm not sure, in fact I think it is a small probability to be... But I still feel it is there sometimes
Nothing interests me anymore
Nothing can cause pleasure
Nothing can stimulate my mind. Idk why:(((

I seem to have more cognitive problems than something else.
I would like to hear your honest opinion if this can be schizo or dementia.

PS. I had 2 psychotic episodes in the past when I completly lost touch with rrality with pause of 1 year between them.

Thank you.
Sorry for my mistakes my English is not good.

B

Blackrose09

Sorry for mentioning some things more than once

B

Blackrose09

And I forgot an important one...

My head is sometimes void of thoghts

B

bpd2020

Blocking all your feelings will create these symptoms. I experience some of what you have described. It takes me a while to read something as I lose focus and forget what I am reading. I have forgotten to spell simple words I could spell as a child. While watching a programme I lose track of what is happening. I struggle to take in information.

For years we have had to block out thoughts and feelings in order to protect us from what we were experiencing. This has caused our minds to forget how to be as they used to be. I am so sorry you are distressed by this and I can totally understand why. I do not believe it to be dementia.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Honestly it sounds like depression to me with some schizophrenic features.

B

Blackrose09

Blocking all your feelings will create these symptoms. I experience some of what you have described. It takes me a while to read something as I lose focus and forget what I am reading. I have forgotten to spell simple words I could spell as a child. While watching a programme I lose track of what is happening. I struggle to take in information.

For years we have had to block out thoughts and feelings in order to protect us from what we were experiencing. This has caused our minds to forget how to be as they used to be. I am so sorry you are distressed by this and I can totally understand why. I do not believe it to be dementia.
I can't stop thinking about my mental ilness until a doctor will listen everything I have to say.
I'm going to psychiatrist next week too.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Even when I write my sentences don't make sense sometimes, and I have to delete and write again. I loose track of my thoughts often (this symptom got better while taking antidepressant and when the doctor was still acting normal to me)
Sometimes when I read a book I have to read a paragraph again and again to remember it.
I forget quite a lot
I can get into a state where I can't feel any emotion and i barely can move (I feel suicidal because of it)
I have all other kinds of cognitive problems, that I did not had before the age 23. I'm 29 now. And it is getting worse. (again I only saw a little improvement with antidepressant, but stopped working after 2 months)
I suspect people are talking and laughing about me, I'm afraid of them too (just like a small child sometimes) and I see them laughing at me and I heard them talking about me. Is this obsession with unimportant things or is it paranoia/psychosis?
After 24 many people started calling me stupid, and I felt confused about it. And say I don't understand basic things, but I think I can understand more than they belive I do. I swear at scholl I did well and did not had learning problems.
I suspect there is a hidden camera in my flat but I'm not sure, in fact I think it is a small probability to be... But I still feel it is there sometimes

PS. I had 2 psychotic episodes in the past when I completly lost touch with rrality with pause of 1 year between them.

Thank you.
I believe I have gone through this. Try and take care of your health to start. Sleep well etc. I'm sure you can. What made you come to the conclusion you can't take care of your health :). You know by asking these questions you made the first step towards better health.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I forget quite a lot

Thank you.
The brain and the body are like a muscle. Exercise them and they work like a powerful train.

Isolation weakens the mind. The simple remedy is to do the opposite. This happens to people in jail but many people come out of jail and live normal healthy lives again.

JessisMe

JessisMe

In this posting your ideas all make sense and sentences flow from one to the other easily.
In reading it we don’t see anything irregular that would be of concern there. You express yourself quite clearly and eloquently here so I wouldn’t worry about it so much. xo, j

C

CoffeecupnoMug

swear swear no fact. When you base things in three's. They will always be there for you. It's not an assumption its swearing it off no fact. Your fact based info is your's to keep. "not them"

Writing them out as in 1, 2's, or 3's. Second guessing your posting or typing skills. Rather than going with it....no flow. Then you'll always be your best no matter what anyone says.