• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

*TRIGGER WARNING - Discusses Sexual Abuse*

P

_PearlLuna

Hi - I'm new here. This thread will contain content about sexual abuse. I apologize if I'm in the wrong forum or in the wrong place. But, I would like advice on if I just experience sexual abuse or assault or if I'm thinking too much into it.

2 weeks ago I had to get an x-ray done on my neck. A week later, the office that referred my x-ray called saying the doctor that saw me wanted me to see him at his clinic, in-person, to discuss results. I've gotten x-rays done before and most of the time results are discussed over the phone, so him saying I had to come to his office to do so alarmed me a little bit. Mind you, his office is at a different location than the one I saw him at (30 minutes away difference). So I scheduled my appointment to see him.

He tells me my results (yes, something was wrong...but it's not really important to this story) so then he asked if he could feel my neck. So I moved my hair to the side and he starts feeling around. Then he moves my hair to the other side, made a comment that my hair is soft, and starts massaging the other side of my neck. He massaged my neck and shoulder for a good minute, saying I need to get a massage done. I've had back problems for years and I've never had a doctor...massage me...like that. He found a "knot" and said he wanted to try and 'get it out'. So I nervously laughed and kinda shrugged my shoulders hoping to get his hand off. He stopped and brush his hand across my back when he was done.

Small. But enough for me to feel uncomfortable. I've been sexually abused before, so this is why I posted in the PTSD group (yes, I'm diagnosed). But never by a doctor and I don't know if he was just doing his doctor thing or if this was borderline sexual asssult.

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

ok, i dont know if it counts as harrasment/sexual assualt, but if it makes you feel uncomfortable, i think you should let him know, or ask a nurse/receptionist if its normal for doctors to do that. well done for being brave and reaching out ❤

J

Jay7Sin

I wouldn’t call this sexual assault or abuse. Had he groped you or made a sexual advance then sure, but this isn’t sexual abuse at all.