• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

TRIGGER WARNING: A constant urge

K

kurotoao

I've only self harmed once while I was phychotic and at the time I didn't want to self harm but prove my immortality (one of my delusions at the time). I've some how controlled myself, but recently the urge has become stronger.

How do you cope with urges?

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Barcud_Coch

I know the feeling, whenever I look at my scars and think how ugly they are I want to self harm again. But most of the time I don't. Not sure, but I think it helped me knowing someone else's opinion on my scars. I hadn't let anyone see my body after I started SH'ing. But then I met a guy I really liked, he thought I was sexy scars and all. Knowing that he could like me regardless made me feel better about my body and my scars. I don't have to feel ashamed of them or disgusted with myself. Not sure, but hearing someone else, who I trusted, hearing their opinion, made me feel better about them.

L

lovagemuffin

distraction? its like an addiction isn't it so if your addicted to something they say don't have the first drink. im not sure but sending love. we have to love ourselves not very british is it but if I treated someone ese that way its not okay.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Please would you mind not putting in anything specific about self harm. I hope you understand :)

TiredTina

TiredTina

Admin
We have guidelines as to what is and is not permitted on the forum. For the safety of all members specifics of self harm are removed from posts.

TT

K

kurotoao

Sorry didn't realise. I just didn't think. I'd rather have the post deleted.

Gajolene

Gajolene

Your original post had a very valid question, and your concerns are important and you deserve to have answers.
Posting on this topic I realize is difficult for people without going into details, we just are keeping the forum safe for you and for others who are triggered. You can talk about your feelings and emotions and how selfharming effects you and most definately.
Your original question "How people cope with the urges" in order to stop it. Deserves some good and helpfull advice. I hope you change your mind and not have the mods delete your post.