• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

TRIGGER --------------------------- suicide by food

letmein

letmein

I am slowly eating myself to death I'm 21 stone now after being 16 when I was ill, I eat junk all day mostly toast and chocolate.

I'm so lonely

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I think you need to see a therapist for talk therapy to try to understand, and hopefully resolve, why you're eating yourself to death. There must be some deep, underlying reason why you are doing so. Perhaps seeing a psychiatrist for meds is also warranted. Also, you may want to post to the Eating Disorders Forum in addition to the Depression Forum.

BadWolf10

BadWolf10

I'm struggling myself at the moment, I'm not much help with advice but I want to say hang in there, there is always support somewhere.
And keep talking. Even if its just here, it's a good place to find a friendly voice.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I am slowly eating myself to death I'm 21 stone now after being 16 when I was ill, I eat junk all day mostly toast and chocolate.

I'm so lonely

I’m sorry that you have been overeating to the point where you are becoming quite unhealthy. By most definitions you would be considered morbidly obese. This does bring health risks along with it but as I’m sure you know people are capable of carrying massive amounts of weight and still living through it but it can’t be that comfortable and I’m sure it offers a very low quality if life. You can always choose to change your behavior habits. Especially if you are as heavy as you are you must be overeating quite a lot. Just cutting back a little each day or trying more healthful alternatives should take some pounds off also. I used to be more overweight than you are and I lost a significant amount of weight with diet and exercise. I used to boredom eat also which I think is such an awful habit. Just thoughtlessly grazing throughout the day the weight can pile on so quickly. If you are lonely this is a great place to come and spend time and get to know people. Being lonely can hurt so much. I know because I am often lonely too. xo, j