Tried and Failed...

B

balancekeeper

Ive just tried to leave my place... juts got an overwhelming urge to go out, only to find that i got scared of the traffic, or being out... all i know is that i couldnt stay outside, i had to get back in and straight away!!! im not sure but it hit me like a brick and now im scared that my recovery has been holted by some form of agrophobia... ... ... Does this sound like agrophobia? or just a panic attack?

B

balancekeeper

Just like to add,

This is not the first time this has happened when i tried to go out. ive been housebound for several months and today was one of the first times ive had the urge to got out.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm sorry you've not had a response yet.
Have things got any better?
It does sound to me like you might have a problem with agoraphobia. I say 'agoraphobia', but obviously I don't know if you fear open spaces or if it's generally more of a sense of being scared of people or something bad happening?

If you're housebound and this has been going on for months, I think you should contact your GP and have a telephone conversation with them because it doesn't seem likely that you would be able to attend an appointment.
It's one thing to be content to be indoors, but it's different if you find yourself wanting to go out but not being able to. :hug1:

B

balancekeeper

Nothing has got any better... Not sure what it is, i dont like people being out when im trying to go out and really dont feel comfortable goinf out side.

I have a support worker helping me, but today i have to go further than i have before and im scared... I just dont want to fail again

B

balancekeeper

I Managed to get where they had ask me too, but i was very bad when i came back to my place. Had to SH just to calm back down properly.

Hope this goes away soon. my care worker saids it will get easier to more i do it. i hope to god he's right. I have to do it again today and im still scared again.