• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Tremors and muscle trembling from anxiety? Sad and scared!

S

Sandalwood

Hello everyone, I am new here. 2 months ago i suddenly felt my left leg trembling. I couldn't see anything with my eyes, but i could feel it, it was like an internalr tremor of my whole left leg. I used to have horrible health anxiety and this incidence of course triggered my anxiety so much! The next day i woke up feeling lightheaded, i had a sense of imbalance while walking, and felt like I couldn't breath. I also developed a terrible headache, maybe the most severe headache i ever had in my life. Went to 2 neurologists and had a brain MRI, all normal. Both doctors said the tremor is from anxiety. All the other symptoms passed btw. But my leg keeps vibrating inside. It's so scary and so many horrible illnesses passed from my mind. Did anyone else get tremors/muscle twitches from anxiety? Thanks!

J

JeanPierre

Welcome here!
Anxiety definitely can cause tremors/muscle twitches.
Best luck!

S

Syelix30

Yup unfortunately I shake all the time from nerves. And I’m only in my late 20s. It’s even worse when people notice then you shake even harder. I honestly wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy.
Hope things get better for you, I’m sure they will. I notice with my anxiety they’re different periods where it’s more intense and then not as bad and nearly manageable. It really depends what’s going on in your life also.
Good luck x