• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

treatments.

nonotme

nonotme

can I ask about your treatment?

I am currently seeing a psychotherapist and have been now for a few years, I see them once or twice a month depending on how I am coping. I am also under the local hospital psychiatrist and see my GP on a four weekly cycle for medication/support. I am also thinking of getting involved with Mind if anyone thinks that would be useful?

I am also on multiple medication for various elements of my illness and have been now for over a decade. I am stable on my medication and function but that is all, I fear I have very little quality of life.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Involved with mind in what way?
I find working helps distract me and keeps me going til a point, I can feel that I may need a break soon though as I'm not feeling well and don't think I've got the energy to keep distracting.
I'm on 45mg mirtazipine which is great for my sleep troubles however I don't find it has lifted my mood one bit but I stopped going my Dr even though I feel I need him still but I can't bring myself to go, i was taking propanolol too but the last Dr I saw fucked up my repeat as my regular one has been on holiday. I'm also waiting for CBT as he thinks it will help but he doesn't know the half of what goes on in my fucked up head.

Do you manage to get out and do work or stuff at all? You say you have little quality of life, is that because you choose to not do anything or lack the motivation? I find that the hard bit.

nonotme

nonotme

- You say you have little quality of life, is that because you choose to not do anything or lack the motivation? I find that the hard bit.
hi, thanks for replying.

I don't work and have not done so in many years now. Mostly down to the depression my moods are so poor at times I can't even get out of bed, I have almost nil motivation and zero interest in my appearance and hygiene. I have not been out at night now in over six months, I like to be in bed early as my medication knocks me out, which isn't such a bad thing as I hate being awake during the small hours.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have a dog, he helps motivate me to gtt out and go walking. I go to the woods not many people goto. I find woods help me calm and chill.
I think if you try getting out, its not so bad once you get there. Maybe little steps, go for a small walk round your block and see how you feel?
I've given up on how I look too, if i didnt have 5o leave the house i wouldnt wash either.

L

lovagemuffin

I love my dogs to you feel a different person after going into the woods.
my treatment at the moment I am having CBT therapy from my C.P.N
I try really really hard and am fanatical about keeping appointments.
retail therapy I like nice clothesmake up makes me feel better about myself oh and boots I bough snow boots yesterday and now its forcast snow so yey.
eating healthily is very important fruit veggies nuts seeds protiens.
and for treats I make curry. my family are imp[ortaznt to we go out and do things together. but my dogs are my life really my babies.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Depression Forum 0