• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

treatment for negative v positive schizophrinia

O

onefornow

hello everyone

i realise there are many forms of treatments for different types of mental illness , but what about after the phsycosis has gone and the negative symptoms (total isolation even from family ,extreme social withdrawal ,agitation, lack of emotion etc.. ) arise and sustain for years without ever seeking medication treatment.
is negative schizophrinia treated with the same medication as positive symptoms?.

will it be treated with the same anti-depressant medication used for depression or are antiphsyotics used.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I remember when i was young rethink or the nsf as it was used to give advice to carers on what to do if the sufferer didn't get up, then thatcher got in all those people on the dole stayed in bed late and it ceased to be a symptom.

I'm still not sure of such things, i suspect now theres going to be a lot of people out of work for me to hide among

T

Twylight

If i'm in Psychosis i'll be taken to Hospital and put on anti-psychotics.
Gradualy over a few weeks the medication will build up and stop the symptoms of the psychosis - the psychosis has been controlled
The negative symptoms I get are a result of the medication and it's action
If I stop the the medication, I will go into Psychosis again and back to hospital.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I don't know if psychiatrists would agree that negative symptoms are the result of the meds

I'm always arguing that the symptoms i experience are a result of my social experience, convenient for over worked mental health workers looking for an excuse to close my case

T

Twylight

I don't know if psychiatrists would agree that negative symptoms are the result of the meds

I'm always arguing that the symptoms i experience are a result of my social experience, convenient for over worked mental health workers looking for an excuse to close my case
No they wouldn't agree, because they've never tried the meds, they've only read about them

M

mad as a hatter

doctors r always lookin for excuses 2 close ur case i,ve just spent a few wks in hospital they came up with all excuses there a joke they can read all the books on the planet but they haven,t got a clue what we r goin through when i had voices recently they asked u sure it,s not ur own voice why ask if i,ve got voices then needless 2 say i,m on antipycotics i give up with them

M

mozif

meds

No they wouldn't agree, because they've never tried the meds, they've only read about them
a book worth reading avail on google books online is called brain disabling treatment in phychiatry by peter rodger breggin

in some cases the treatment can be worse than the condition,
i myself am researching this after my son has been forced to take antipycotics for 10 years it seems they are giving him side effects worse than the orig condition.....this book infact answers all the questions i have asked and not been given answers too....

i some cases some may need medication but to some its a curse not a cure...

i hope in reading this book will help thers find there answers..i belive in peter rodger breggin as well as rufus mays ways

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Other 5