Treatment coverage for substance use disorders: results from 26 countries

F

firemonkee57

Posted by Ian Hamilton Feb 14 2018

Wherever there are humans there are drugs. But our understanding of the problems some people develop with drugs is dependent on where these people live.

Knowledge to date is skewed by the attention given to populations living in America, Australia and the United Kingdom; we know far less about those living in Iraq, Nigeria, Peru etc. So a group of 37 researchers sought to remedy this by investigating substance use disorders in 26 countries. They explored the proportion of people who had a problem with drugs and whether treatment was available to meet their needs (Degenhardt et al, 2017).

What has help for your substance abuse problem been like?

megirl

megirl

Its interesting really,
I abuse alcohol, I have to say with other sedatives, lorazepam, diazepam they make me feel so good.
Though alcohol these days chills me out but I now drink it so fast it makes me feel (sometimes) agitated overwhelmed with everything in life and the urge to overdose, its a pain really and so hard to control sometimes I am fine yet at the moment am having a lot of trouble controlling my drinking thats whats happening at the moment thats life i guess

megirl

megirl

Here I do have whats called a 'greencard' where you can access the psych ward for 48 hours which actually today was a good choice my support worker was like yep the wards quiet so a good idea, rang the ward they dont have any spaces for me i now feel a little overwhelmed but I will try my best to get through

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Substance Abuse Forum 2