• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Trazadone

E

eternaljourney

I can't seem to find many personal experiences of trazodone on here. I know it's an older AD and is now more used as a sleeping aid. I just want to know if it's going to put a complete stop to any exercise I do. Will I be a zombie in the day if I decide to take it to help me sleep.
I'm on venlafaxine 225mg too but just need to sleep well.
I would really appreciate anyone elses thoughts on it.

Eternal X

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi Eternal

As you know I take trazodone. When I started it on its own, I took 50mg 3 times a day and I did feel incredibly tired. Then I started taking it all at night, and went up to 200mg. At that dose I slept pretty well almost every night - if I woke up I went back to sleep easily. It wasn't that easy to get up in the morning but once I was up I was ok, maybe a bit dozy after lunch. However as an AD it wasn't really doing much, so I started on venlafaxine as well. So now I'm also on 225mg ven - the extended release one in the morning - and 100mg trazodone at night. Originally I was on the normal venlafaxine and I was still having a bit of difficulty sleeping, but with the extended release it seems much better. It's early days though for me - have only been on that dose of ven for 10 days or so. I'm struggling to wake up in the morning but it is the Christmas holidays so I don't have to get up to get the children to school, and I had a pretty bad run-up to Christmas too so think I'm just getting over that really. So I guess I won't know how it is really affecting me till I start doing more again next week.

Feel free to PM me if you wish - I couldn't find anyone on here either that takes it!

Rollinat