• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Travel insurance?

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
We're going on holiday in 10 days or so, taking the ferry and driving through various bits of Europe. We have made all the arrangements ourselves so I'm just thinking of getting travel insurance organised. Of course when I fill in forms for quotes online I come across the problem of "pre-existing medical conditions" - I have had 2 quotes, one of which went up to £100 from a basic of £41 when I mentioned depression, the other went up to £155 from £50!

So - I know it's not the most important question ever to be asked on here, but does anyone have any good tips for insurance companies that will insure for pre-existing conditions without charging an arm and a leg. My OH had pneumonia last year which seems still to be relevant, and my youngest has (very mild) asthma (but does have an inhaler so I guess I have to declare it too) in addition to me.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rollinat

M

Michael

Founding Member
Google : travel insurance depression

Michael

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Yakuza,

Thanks for posting the Martin Lewis site - it's helped me look for some good deals! Cheers (y)

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Hi Yakuza,

Thanks for posting the Martin Lewis site - it's helped me look for some good deals! Cheers (y)
Hi Honeyquince,

I'm glad it's been helpful for you,I've managed to get some good deals mainly because of what I read on his website (y)

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Thanks guys - I will have a look and hopefully find it a bit cheaper. Knew I could rely on you!

(y)

Rollinat

icetsunami

icetsunami

Founding Member
Its a bit off topic but there are policies available that cover existing mental illness in the event of hospitalisation and such. There is even suicide cover available. Obviously you pay a premium for these policies but it can help in a financial crisis at what can be a devasting time for families.