Travel Anxiety - Holiday/Vacation /GP service appointment 5 March

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

The reason why I have booked in, with the GP service, is also that some point in time in due course, I'm going to be going away with parents, on holiday/on vacation.

Now what I'm going to check/ask the GP service will be this, would there be some kind of anxiety med, to help with travel anxiety, one of which will work much better and in my system for the daytime, and continue to work for the evening? Now, I have a hunch, there might not be a anxiety med, as such like that, however, I think, it's worth a go to ask/check via the GP service.

Should however the GP Service be unsure, then, I'm all prepared now I haven't been visiting the mental health team not since a flying jokingly visit back in 2015, so I've done well, complimentary with wit, and along of my other usual szchiophrenia based problems, even though I am on med, to control those - so I'll happily will just wait and see and until within the GP service appointment what they might say, or do relevant action to help me out, as I know although I would like to feel happier me, however I'm unwell, and allowing the fact of well, air and different country travel, my travel anxieties take over.

Unfortunately, I just cannot rely upon the Lorezapam, that is a night time med, and night time med just don't work, for me. Thinking back to an incident near miss, en cruise, a few years ago, I only just took the half dose of Lorezapam, and before i hadn't known, i became severely anxious and panicky, the dose on that night, hadn't hardly had much time to work through.

If get any where or i am successful, via my enquiry to the GP service, I'll report shortly after the appointment, or after my energies have bounced, back, I am hoping to be out for the day, during the day, I'll report on here at MHF Anxiety forum.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I had an idea, now so that I don't become too anxious, in time leading up to the allocated appointment time, I'm going to be travelling over to North West of London, Tuesday, during the course of the morning, I'm going to visit shopping centre mall, and I'll have lunch at my main charitible volunteering base and hopefully get to be seen by my strong mutual admirer.

Then, after a break, from being out for the morning, I'll head over to the GP surgery for my appointment.

Best regards all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I can relax down for the time being regarding proper holidays/vacations, I shan't be away with parents. However, I still do wish to know, in terms of different anxiety med to take in the daytime, for when even away just for a few days, on mini breaks, if at all, within this country. So I will still keep my appointment as planned, and booked, for Tuesday late afternoon.

I'm feeling happier, that for the moment, long term, I haven't got to worry about travel anxiety - travelling by air.

The weather took a turn this weekend, which has been forcast, and i decided, after a terrible painful headache today; that I won't travel out to the North West of London, on Tuesday, and I will, want to be less tired, in time for the appointment.

Best regards all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

HI Folks,

If I can update you all, there is a school of thought, that we could be away soon, either April or May.

My GP services has now drawn up Pregablin for me, and trialing the method of taking, from this next week, if I'm ok, with it, at the end of the day, I'll continue on with these capsules, for the holiday/vacation of 8 or 10 nights away also.

I st ill do my normal stratergies, I just felt I might need something extra on top, to help me out also for tr avelling to and from volunteering, and away for here and there for a few days, original school of thought, was going to be the thought anyway.

Mother is going to be asked again, once after her rest ults, to do with the level of tiredness she has, partially is the meds, partially she hasn't always been remembering to take so many of her supplements. So we will see, following on from the blood tests results, if she has this particular condition, and have something written up, to help her extra. if not well, we're back to square one, or st uck, of mum's tiredness levels so to speak, as she really does become very much tired, also sleeping not very well at night, doesn't help matters either.

Anyway me, I am very much relieved that I now have Pregabalin, so I shall see, if these will work, in and on time for the holiday, April/May time. Night time meds, such as Lorezapam, do not work well for me, I like to have a med in my system, to help me out for in time for at night, from the daytime onwards. If you all get my drift.

I shall get another update done, early April, once I'll know what the situation holiday or no holiday will be the question.

Best regards all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I am going to trial the first dose of Pregabalin, this evening. I have my bands on for anxiety control anyhow, so they'll help me out to keep me calmer, when I do aim to take the capsule.

Now, as the GP said, then if the method of taking - capsule doesn't work for me, then he will have to probably and most likely get hold of the liquid.

Best regards all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

Anxiety wise, I'm now very well indeed. My new brand new medication is helping out, I'm very relieved I have now been agreed via the GP service, for Pregabalin, for my anxiety level conditons.

I am very much calmer, and very much more relaxed right down. And the shakiness? Was anxiety based overall. I had discovered.

We would still like to go out on holiday, we just can't encourage mum, to agree to the idea of, and before dad can do anything with booking up, for the holiday. She has her will be, test results appointment on Friday, then we can plan in the meantime, holiday or no holiday what to do.

i'll feel h appier, if we don't get to go, owing to my in years original bouts of anxiety conditions/problems, very much on the increase, in those years, then.

Today, generally and overall at home, I still listen to musicals and music, and knitting combined.

If I can, I'll workout to my fitness dvds.

Have a good day all,

Best regards all, I'll return to debrief, about 8.30/9pm.

Natalie.