• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Trauma

A

Andhika

I have had a traumatic past. At one point I even thot I might be locked up in jail. This all started in May 2003 and even today when I think back on hindsight I have a meltdown. My younger brother says I am useless and not fit to live in a righteous world. As a result I have a poor oipinion of myself and prone to run myself down when I am in front of others. Because of this, there is no one to call friend anymore.

Recently I was diagnosed with aortic dissection type A and type B, meaning both upper and lower aorta. It simply means my aorta has widen into two streams. I was advised to undergo surgery immediately but because I was short of money I forgo the surgery.

I can hardly get a wink in the nights. The uncertainty is unbearable.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Andhika I'm so sorry about your condition. I don't know anything about the condition. Are there any alternative treatments that are cheaper? Please take care and best wishes.

M

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

i live in canada, just had surgery. no charge.

G

Grace in defeat

I am sorry about your diagnosis. It must be very worrying. Sometimes doctors will prescribe medication to lower your heartrate and blood pressure to patients with your condition. This won't cure the problem and I'm sure the risks of delaying surgery have been explained to you, but it can prevent it from becoming worse. Have you been given medication?

I'm in the UK and it says in you're profile that you're in Indonesia, so I'm afraid I can't be very helpful, but we have various organisations we can go to if we need financial support or advice. You do need to be careful about it and go to a well-known organisation. You could try somewhere like your bank, even if they can't help you themselves, they might know the best place to go.