• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Training and employment needs(vocational services)

F

firemonkee57

Just had a letter through from my mental health trust inviting me to discuss my training and employment needs with someone from vocational services at my local mental health centre.
Letter has completely thrown me. Have no idea what to expect from this and already feeling very anxious/frightened.
Tempted to ignore the letter but know that another one will only be sent out.:(

Already envisaging that an attack on my benefits will come next. Wondering whether there is any point continuing with the DLA renewal.
Have for a long time thought that mental health workers are nowadays more working for the government than their clients and receiving this letter has fed into that fear/paranoia. :(

Seems they can send this kind of thing but as for providing therapy that might help you to more able
to function and cope with such things or something to help with the anxiety/social phobia/social interaction difficulties that makes you terrified of such situations- just forget it.
Already been told i am not suitable for therapy. The injection helps for certain things but it doesn't help for the anxiety etc .
Feeling stressed . :( Would be even more stressed without the injection.

Have been fighting rising paranoia since news of these welfare reforms came out several years ago. What is the point of taking injections to ease your paranoia when the government and the mental health services then insist on doing things to make you frightened and paranoid?!
It makes no sense. :(

Has anyone else here seen someone from vocational services? Could do with some reassurance,if only to lessen this feeling of anxiety and paranoia

S

*Sapphire*

I haven't seen anyone from vocational services myself.

I do know however that alot of people with MH issues are struggling with anxiety over the new ESA benefits. There has been alot of negative articles written about it in the press.

Are you able to take someone from the mh services or a friend/family to your appointment? To give you some support and to ensure they don't pressure you to the point where it is a negative experience for you? x

F

firemonkee57

Are you able to take someone from the mh services or a friend/family to your appointment? To give you some support and to ensure they don't pressure you to the point where it is a negative experience for you? x
Unfortunately i don't have anyone to take with me for support unless i can persuade my Rethink befriender.
However he is rather busy with his three part time jobs.