Toy gyroscope setup for vestibular mic/speaker

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I have a gyroscope setup to convert sound waves into gyroscope waves that can be heard by the balance system. I use simple gyroscope's that can be bought off the internet.
I have the microphone gyro on the left balanced inside a slinky. The folcrom to the lever is far up towards the mic. The speaker gyro is on the right and balances on springs between the lever and the floor. Spinning the mic gyro hard and spinning the speaker gyro slightly seems to create the music best.
This setup as well as other's only seemingly produces music about 5% of the times tried. I think the bad conversion is because of the springs and the balance of the gyroscope but other factors of controlling your balance system and your tail wagging making you dizzy while you closely listen in may have a paranormal effect on 'hearing' the speaker gyro. Playing white noise along with music into the mic gyro works well at creating a speaker response but I have heard no difference when I stop the speaker gyro spinning in white noise, and I have heard a difference when I've done this before, so I'm not really sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Here is the picture of that setup.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I think one of the main things that I'm looking to do with the gyrosocpe mic/speaker is to record and identify the behaviour of people, ghosts, voices, whatever it is that makes schizoids hallucinate. Yesterday I tried a new setup of my gyro telephone and tried it out with my brother on the other end. I strongly feel it is possible NOT to record the sound waves of the cochlea like I was trying, but to literally hear through a distance, and through the gyroscope, the activity that occurs in someone else's vestibular, example: dizzyness, the tail wagging, hallucination voices voluntarily controlled, and ear whistling. While a little bit of music comes through the gyro it only happens when you put vestibular focus on the gyro which isn't easily controlled and the music disappears quickly. You almost have to fall asleep in front of the gyro or go into a deep stoner face haze to hear it. If you get up close and listen intently to the gyro all you will hear is it spinning. Vestibular focus is crucial though. Keeping your vestibular 'on' rather then your cochlea and focusing it seem crucial to using this type of 'phone'.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Here's another gyrophone setup. As you can see I have two gyroscopes tied together by some aluminum wire. I tied in two helical extension springs, each between a gyro and what the gyro is tied to, in this case my desk off in the distance, and my chair which isn't pictured. Me and my brother tried it out and it seems to be the best setup yet. When you control the gyro's movement with your mind a little you can hear the music come through a little.

Attachments

Funnyday

Funnyday

I looked into trying to record my voices by the use of a conductive telephone headset. I never got round to doing it though.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I looked into trying to record my voices by the use of a conductive telephone headset. I never got round to doing it though.
For the longest time I tried to use recorder's they sell at store's. There are apps to record the gyro in your phone but they don't playback through the gyro. Recording the spinning gyro in these setups is proving to be an impossible task for me. Not even sure what part to record.

fazza

fazza

I wish you all the best wishes with your work. I hope it can provide the results you are looking for.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr.NiceGuy Schizophrenia Forum 7