Toxic relationships, stress, trauma, bullying, physical/mental/emotional abuse.

H

happyhello

So, I quit my job (a kind of decent one), and I got a new one recently. But, I am living back at home with my family, am kind of overweight and am a Mom of one child. My son's father was abusive- he left. I live with my parents. I need help. I made a mistake with doing drugs and drinking alcohol. Nothing big just some stimulant pills. But, I was able to walk about from it, thankfully. I live in Central America and am from here. (am an American citizen) with dual citizenship.

Well, I had some bad arguments with my son's father right after my son was born and I was physically abused (and mentally, gaslighting- the whole nine-yeards). punched, kicked, strangled, pushed, he also broke some of electronics. (There was no strangulation marks when I arrived at the emergency room, so it was not put in the report)

After some time, I cancelled all domestic violence procedures down at the local Corridor's office. I still have the evidence- photos, police report, hospital record. I wanted to avoid courts and everything. This was kind of stupid and now I am learning that my son's father could have faced 6-10 years in prison. My son has seen all of this stuff- me in despair, crying, even psychotic episodes to deal with the stress and trauma. And now my son's father left. He is in his home country (I think).

I've moved on somewhat, this was about 3 years ago. So now, my parents pay for a school for my son (he is 5 years old). Which is wonderful and I am very thankful, but they keep trying to further the problems. For example, they want to take my son on a vacation this summer, (which they can't anyway without consent) but, they want to go just the three of them. I am sure my parents are traumatized by this situation too- they are entering their retirement years and they did not plan to spend it like this. But anyway, they tell me I have to pay my own way to go on vacation. But, I don't have that kind of money right now. They do this with other things, but mostly money. They think the world owe's them something.

I am 34 years old. Somehow I would like to get my son and I to the USA. He doesn't have the right to US citizenship (even though I am a US citizen because 1. I never lived in the US for more than one consecutive year, and 2. I was not married at the time of his birth, nor 3. is his father is not a US citizen) But either way, I would maybe like to get a teaching certificate and try to get a job as an ESL teacher. Then get my son's citizenship through residency or something.

I used to cry everyday and no one in my family really even noticed. Now I am stronger, but am still really internally, kind of damaged! The father of my son is still out there, and I feel like he might be trying to hurt me. I am kind of scared. I see a therapist, but she does not prescribe medications. So my parents pay for this therapist, but I do not want to borrow anymore money to start meds or see a psychiatrist.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

frisas45

frisas45

Why, that sucked. I hate your son't father. What a punk. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. My suggestion is poor, but here goes: Try to go to a rehab in US and live there for a year. There, you can get your son's citizenship.

frisas45

frisas45

And as for your trauma, do you have medical aid in your country? Maybe they can help you pay for your psychiatrist. Or ask for medical aid in US.

H

happyhello

I would like to go to US on the pretense that I have a job then my son could go to school and I could work. That sounds very promising.
We have insurance, I am trying to see someone, who can, maybe prescribe medication for anxiety. But, I found some natural remedies. That feels safer. I think precip. pills are good, but, I would rather deal with the pain in a more holistic way.