• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Tough Year

kapiche

kapiche

Hello everyone, pleased to meet you all and looking forward to getting to know you. I don't want to go into my issues in great detail right now and for privacy/security reasons, I won't be divulging my name and such. Not because I don't feel comfortable doing so with you, but because there is somebody out there who has systematically tracked me down and followed me on various websites and forums. To be as informative yet simple as I can be, I'll give you the condensed version. Since my early teens I have struggled with depression and self harm. I suffered from both fairly mildly until I was about eighteen. Then at nineteen I met my current boyfriend. For a year everything was perfect and we were so in love. Then he cheated on me with his ex-girlfriend. That was devastating enough but this girl wanted him back and when he said it had been a mistake and that he loved me she went awol. I received a ton of emails and private messages on social network sites from her. This went on for months with more and more elaborate stories from her. It finally came to a head when she attacked me on a street corner leaving cuts along my neck and collarbone. During all this, I tried to keep a level head and just deal with the main problem; fixing my relationship. I decided early on to work at it as I saw just how regretful my boyfriend was. Ironically enough, him cheating led to us becoming stronger as a couple. I could have coped had it been that simple. But his ex-girlfriend was so vindictive and malicious it was like having an open wound for months on end. I slipped back into depression which led to being off work for nearly two months with stress. I also fell back into self harming. But as a teenager I'd only ever made 'scratches'. In comparison, this time I was at my arms and thighs with razor blades and sadly have to carry those scars with me for the rest of my life now. After about seven months or so she ran out of puff and things to say and went silent. But she'd done long term damage to me and I became very sensitive and emotional. I'd be fine for weeks and then be hit with a severe bout of depression. This is still going on now which is what led me to join the forum. My boyfriend is amazing, he has been so supportive for me (as he should, yes) but it gets to the point where he doesn't quite 'get' what I'm feeling. I felt I needed people who where/had been in the same situation as myself to talk to about things.

So, here I am... :)

Last edited:
rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: - look forward to seeing you around.