• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Tough Times

R

Rider52

Lately I've been keeping myself busy. I've been spending some time fishing and other outdoor activities. I'm still having trouble with how I feel unfortunately. It's tough when one part of the day you feel bad and then at other times there's relief. Then the same sleep related issues I've been having. Last night I was tired and went to sleep fine. Slept for about 6 hours. Then when I went back to sleep, the vivid dreams start and the voices again. After that is when I start feeling anxious. My PCP is only seeing people online for now. The only other option is sign yourself into a psychatric center.

wollie

wollie

Hi Rider.
I dont know about the USA but in the UK we have crissis teams you can phone for advice and counciling, keeping busy is important and sleep. if your not getting enough things can get worse physicaly and mentaly, are you taking any medication now?

Catty5

Catty5

Lately I've been keeping myself busy. I've been spending some time fishing and other outdoor activities. I'm still having trouble with how I feel unfortunately. It's tough when one part of the day you feel bad and then at other times there's relief. Then the same sleep related issues I've been having. Last night I was tired and went to sleep fine. Slept for about 6 hours. Then when I went back to sleep, the vivid dreams start and the voices again. After that is when I start feeling anxious. My PCP is only seeing people online for now. The only other option is sign yourself into a psychatric center.
Hello
I truly hope your voice is transient.
Do you still have a med? If so, you should leave a message to catch your PC. Online is better than none. Or you can call a County Mental Health that has 24/7 access # for advice before you go to a psychiatric ER.

R

Rider52

The part that confuses me is that I can still function well throughout the day. Keeping myself active definitely helps. It's at night that I'm having the voice issues. It isn't constant, usually just quick chatter. Sometimes an odd sound or vivid dream. There's a few crisis and counseling centers. A couple psychatric centers about an hour away.

Catty5

Catty5

One hour drive.... it’s so far. It’s quite at night so voices bothers you more...
But if you feel distressed, it’s better to go there for advice. Is it possible to catch your PC? It’ll reduce your anxiety.

R

Rider52

One hour drive.... it’s so far. It’s quite at night so voices bothers you more...
But if you feel distressed, it’s better to go there for advice. Is it possible to catch your PC? It’ll reduce your anxiety.
I'll have to contact my PCP this week. I just feel like it could be something serious and it's stressing me out.

Catty5

Catty5

I know. I have vivid weird dreams due to my antidepressant. I don’t hear voices but fear that is relating to my dumb brain often freaks me out.

Please contact your PC tomorrow. You may need med adjustment....

R

Rider52

Hi Rider.
I dont know about the USA but in the UK we have crissis teams you can phone for advice and counciling, keeping busy is important and sleep. if your not getting enough things can get worse physicaly and mentaly, are you taking any medication now?
Just medication for anxiety attacks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Hearing Voices Forum 4